Friday, November 9, 2012

Jan & Tamara Visit

Photobucket

The first week of October our friends, Jan and Tamara, from Germany made another trip out our way. We were very happy to host them for a week as they toured around Arizona. They were fabulous house guests and we enjoyed our time together. We coordinated their visit with Phil's work schedule and he was able to take a few days off from his psychiatry rotation.

Photobucket

Jan and Tamara were good and took off on their own most days. Jan loves to fish and be outdoors and he wanted to hit Cabela's while they were out here. Ha! They visited some pretty desert, Phil took them up north to Pinetop and they spent a few days at his parent's home there. While up north they took advantage of the weather and hiked almost 10 miles. Crazies. They also drove to Tucson, hit the Biosphere, went to Last Chance (I'm jealous!) and I am sure there is more that I am forgetting.

Photobucket

Jan and Phil bonded over iPhone apps.

Photobucket

Tamara took amazing pictures of our beautiful state. I just lived vicariously through their pictures since I was home bound during all their adventures. One of these days...

Photobucket

Tamara is a pediatric resident physician in Berlin and loves children. She does so well with them and was so good to our kids. They hit her up for reading books numerous times and she always obliged them.

Photobucket

Jan is a resident dermatologist physician and made sure we all wore sunscreen. :) He was also so great with the kids and even shared his breakfast with Rhett one morning.

Photobucket
Photobucket

This group shot was taken the morning they left to continue their trip, they were California bound. Rhett was sleeping and when I look at this picture I am sad since someone is missing. We had a wonderful visit with them and were sad when they left. The kids loved Jan and "Mara" and we are looking forward to the next visit. One of these days we are going back to Berlin though it is going to take us a decade or two!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nate and Lori said...

I love that last group photo. It looks like you guys showed them some fun things! I say you drag the kiddos along next time. You deserve to have some fun too, right? I guess hiking with 3 kids that dont walk all that fast might be a nightmare. Someday...