
This was the first year that the kids knew what was going on, they enjoyed dressing up and totally caught the trick-or-treating excitement.
With costume choices I wanted to play into their current interests, make sure they were comfortable and that they would actually wear them. Max loves "cowboy", aka Woody from Toy Story, and he really loved wearing his costume and hat that we borrowed from his cousin Caleb. Kate was going to be a princess only because we already had the dress-up clothes that she plays with and I knew she would wear it without protest since it was familiar to her. I spent an hour or so making her headband crown from my stash of craft supplies to complete her look. Easy.
Rhett didn't have a choice in the matter. I was going to keep it easy and just reuse the skeleton jammies that we used for Max and Kate's first year but found this Buzz Lightyear costume at Kmart on sale. Buzz it was. I wasn't on the ball enough this year to scheme up a family theme though I really wanted to.

Cowboy Woody
I put on some blush, a bit of mascara and lip gloss on this princess and she thought she was in heaven. She started flouncing around instantly as soon as she was glammed up. She twirled and even flipped her hair back a few times. We laughed and Phil gushed about her beauty. She ate it up. Such a pretty girl.
The sweetest Buzz Lightyear
Saturday, October 27th was our neighborhood HOA party. We loaded up the kids in the train wagon and walked down to the basketball court. They had three bounce houses setup for the kids, a catered BBQ dinner, two clowns that made balloon animals for the kids, fresh popcorn and treats. It was a great event. Even better was that Phil had just finished his psychiatry rotation and shelf exam and was fancy free for the weekend.

Rhett stole Phil's brownie and ate the whole thing by himself. He was quite happy about that!
There was music, dancing, a costume parade, cake walk with prizes and fun neighbors to talk to. We had a great time that night.
On Halloween night we got the kids gussied up again and headed out around 5:30pm to walk the streets. From Halloween's past we haven't really gotten many kids at our door, so I didn't have high hopes for our neighborhood and figured since the kids were so little that a few doors would suffice. We hit up our cul-de-sac first and there wasn't much action. As we went deeper into the neighborhood things really got busy though! There were kids everywhere! It was really fun to see people out on their driveway, people had fire pits, spooky music and decor, fog machines. We were pleasantly surprised and realized that it is just our end of the street that is lame.
Max and Kate did really well knocking on doors, calling out "Trick or Treat!" and Kate would holler "Halloweeeeen!" to everyone she saw. So cute. Everyone loved the kids and their costumes and the train wagon got us comments and stares everywhere we went. It was great to have them all contained in the wagon and not worry about losing the kids among the throngs of kids out. Rhett even understood that we got out of the wagon, walked up to the door and then he would go back to the wagon and try to climb in. I love that kid. He especially enjoyed digging in his bucket for treats. We let them eat candy as we went along and Phil and I have been snitching candy from their buckets ever since. Ahh! The candy madness needs to end.
We had a great holiday overall.
3 comments:
What little cuties! They all look great! I love watching little ones knock on doors and ask for candy...they are precious
They look so adorable Heather!
And you look amazing!!!!! Are you still doing that boot camp?
I love how excited Kate got to have a touch of lip gloss and makeup. What a cute little girly girl. Isn't that every mother's dream when they have a daughter? And Buzz and Woody are way too cute!! I am so glad Phil was just finished with a shelf and able to enjoy the holiday with you guys. You are such a beautiful family!!
So super cute!!! The kids look darling and I was happy for you that Phil got to come along this year without any guilt. I think that Wagon Train is pretty cool. Im not sure I have ever seen one but I think I want one. Oh and your neighborhood party sounds amazing.
Post a Comment