Monday, January 9, 2012

Trouble

What happens when I leave Sesame Street on as my babysitter for 15 minutes so I can shower?

Photobucket

Um, yeah. Turkeys found a few of Phil's markers and decorated the pantry door. 

Here's Kate trying to erase her wrong doings. Ironically, she is actually using an eraser, though she doesn't know that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max also trying to clean up.

Photobucket

Don't be fooled or feel sorry for the boy. He is only crying here because I made him stand by the door when he wanted to look at the camera screen.

Photobucket

I am proud to say I did not raise my voice or get upset with them. We did talk about not drawing on walls, only on paper and I repeatedly told them this was "a no". Obviously I first grabbed the camera which is a good tactic to keep your wits about you. And it makes you smile after the fact. Who can blame them? They were unsupervised and discovered some fantastic fun. Can't count on Elmo for everything!

Thank goodness for Magic Eraser.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Grab the camera... a VERY good tactic!! I'm logging that one away for future use.
And investing in a few magic erasers... one day.

Ryan and LeDawn said...

I love that they just so happen to be wearing elmo jammies too. :) so cute, even when naughty.

Lindsee said...

It was just a matter of time, right? :)

Brian and Janette said...

You know, Elmo actually colors on the wall during the intro of Elmo's world. Something my SIL also learned the hard way. She couldn't figure out why her son kept coloring on the walls whenever he watched Sesame Street. Once she sat and watched it with him, it clicked! Too funny!

Candace said...

Oh honey...you are in good company. I am still working on the artwork put on my walls when CARTER was born. People ask how I get through the newborn stage with multiple little ones? Just look at my walls. That's how. Not that I condone it or hand them the crayon/pen/pencil...but they ALWAYS find that tiny sliver that we missed while cleaning up and DANGIT those slivers can do a lot of damage real quick! So while Mama is doing xyz...you get the point. :)

Nate and Lori said...

Honestly, Im shocked that this is the first time they did it! We've been a fan of the magic eraser in our house for about a year now. Good for you for keeping your cool. It is pretty adorable! (And its a rental, right? :) )

"Brian and Janette" brings us a good point about Elmo coloring on the walls. I never really thought about that.

Also...i love the Elmo pj's...Old Nave, right? I saw them there and meant to grab them and then when I went back to get them, they were all out. I bet the kids love them.