Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

Mid-December I introduced Max and Kate to the arts. Well, toddler style arts, that is. I gave them a row of paints and tried to get away with them just using one color at a time. I can be controlling like that, wanting them to craft away appealing to my type-A tendencies to keep things neat and orderly. Riiiight. They wanted them all open and proceeded to make brown art. I told my inner control freak to pipe down and let them be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Clearly just painting on paper is boring. One must cover all their bases, experiment, really channel your inner artist.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just in case you were wondering, paint does not taste good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not good at all in fact.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thus ended our painting. We made brown bath water instead.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

If they want to eat their paint you could let them paint with pudding. But then they might just eat it. We tried that one time, it was mostly eating with some painting, but fun!

Lindsee said...

1. you may just be the nicest and bravest mom I know.
2. hilarious.

Nate and Lori said...

I love it! We are huge fans of painting here too and I learned pretty quickly also that there is no such thing as using one color at a time and not mixing them all together. Thank goodness for washable paint!