Sunday, December 11, 2011

Around the House

I mentioned last week that I was being deliberate about documenting the everyday. Since I want to print our blog into a book/family journal I am going to make a weekly post of the images I've captured in addition to what I usually post. So these will be picture heavy because I am enamored with my children, I can't narrow down my images (and in reality this is a small sampling!) and I know years down the road I will want to remember the little things that made up our days.

Our days start with warm milk in sippies, breakfast; usually fruit, oatmeal, cheerios, toast, etc. We are messy oatmeal eaters, rather just messy in general.

Photobucket

PBS kids and footie jammies.

Photobucket

Random toys sometimes make it to the tray, my concession to avoid the screaming tantrum if I take it away during the meal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Teasing your sister is usually present. 

Photobucket

After breakfast, Max and Kate get cleaned up, dressed and then are free to play while I do the morning dishes and tend to Rhett. This babe is the best; low-key, happy as can be and never complains. 

Photobucket

Burrito baby nap time smiles. He's such a ham.

Photobucket

And completely irresistible.

Photobucket

When Kate is ready for her nap she plops down anywhere with her blankie and thumb.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max after his nap; sleepy eyes, tousled hair, warm milk, blankie and his bed buddies. 

Photobucket

They play and play and play. I clean, cook, step over toys constantly and pick up after the natives. They usually win as far as toy to clean house ratio goes. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Max had a rough week. He fell at the library, bruised his eyebrow and side of his nose. And Saturday he got his first black eye when he went head to head with a picnic table at a birthday party. The kid fell like 3 times at the library and 5 times at the party. He goes too fast for his own good and has a scream like a siren. One volume-LOUD. We were those people at the library that day, the ones where everyone sighs in relief when we leave.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dinner is always followed by a bath. 

Photobucket

Rhett is a tummy time expert. He is so strong, lifting his head high and hangs out for quite some time. The kids love to join him. He always smiles so big when they come and talk to him.

Photobucket

I love that they love him.

Photobucket

Rare snuggles with our daddy who is always studying.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

You definitely stamped Rhett with your genes...and he is beautiful, no doubt!

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad you got a content baby. Bless you bless you. And I think Max and Leta would make a good screaming match. Oh, we have been "that family" often. I've witnesses eyes bulge at Leta's sound.

Lindsee said...

Oh, I love how similar our lives are (minus one adorable baby...who totally looks like you). Let's play...when I get better. I caught another (yes, another) cold since last week. Boo.

Candace said...

Oh, someday Daddy won't be studying anymore...sigh...

Nate and Lori said...

I love that you are doing this,btw. It inspires to me remember to take less of the posed ones and capture things as they are happening. And im glad that my kid isn't the only one who insists on warm milk after each period of sleep. She won't drink the stuff cold.

Im so glad that Rhett is an angel baby. You definitely needed and deserve it! And its so true, school wont last forever. It really will end even though it seems like it wont.