Remember how I didn't get an Easter family photo? Well, gosh darn it! I was determined to get a Mother's Day photo with my kids.



I did have to do some smile swapping with me and Kate and forget about Max. That is the best I got, heaven forbid I take my kids outside and expect them to cooperate. Well, this is life at it's finest.
Phil hadn't gotten up to do breakfast or the like so I was already a bit peeved as I got up early with the kids and got us all fed while he continued to slumber (ahem). The gift I ordered myself and my mom and sister hadn't arrived, in fact, the girl "didn't get my order" but she had my money. By this point I was near tears on the way to church since nothing was going according to plan. My plans, the ones in my head that I didn't voice to my husband, you know; card, gift, breakfast, photo, etc. This is understood standard procedure, right? I wanted a do-over.
Church was nice and typical "Rah, rah Moms!". I remembered how it felt to secretly loathe this day and my heart went out to all those who wish to be mothers and have yet to experience it. I subbed in nursery and made myself a card from Max and Kate. I was getting a card one way or another, so I took advantage.

Phil redeemed himself by making dinner and I made some fabulous turtle brownies. He does wonderful things for me everyday, is ever so helpful with the kids especially now that he is home during the summer and I appreciate his efforts.
This reads like such a downer post but it is real and I want to remember life as it happens. Nothing sugar-coated. Phil is a wonderful husband and father, who has so much on his mind with medical school that holidays usually escape him, and I am blessed to have my busy little family. I wouldn't change a thing.
7 comments:
Oh Heather, you crack me up! The first mother's day I counted was when I was prego with Daniel. Johnny tried to tell me "You're not really a mother yet" to cover up not doing anything for me. He has since learned! My father calls all men domesticated animals because you have to tell them what you want in advance! I LOVE reading your posts. They are never a downer!
I got up early with my kids on my birthday this year and I was so mad! Why should I have to be the one to get up on my birthday when I do it every other day of the year? I think men just don't get it unless you specifically tell them, and that kind of ruins it. Better luck next year!
This post doesn't read downer. I completely understand! We know our hubbies are awesome men who we wouldn't trade for ANYTHING in this world.
They just forget their awesomeness and sleep in sometimes. ha ha.
Turtle brownies. mmmmm
i got up early too and fed Zurik breakfast and just snacked a little so i didn't become an Angry, Hungry, Preggo Woman. And then we went and woke up daddy. I told him all i EVER want is breakfast in bed. i don't even ask for flowers or gifts. So he got up and made eggs and toast. Next year i know to just give the lecture the night before and we'll see what happens. :) hope you are feeling well!
I love this post! So true! Love the pictures..you are a such a sexy momma!
I haven't left you a message for a while but I have been here stalking you! I understand about the whole Mothers Day thing. I still dislike going to church on this day. (And my oldest is 25, you'd think I'd get over it) I'm glad to see you're doing so well and I love how cute you look with your little ones.
Thanks for the love and understanding ladies. Good to know I am not alone! All I really want is breakfast and a little more appreciation, not always the works; he just needs to pick one! :)
Post a Comment