Saturday, June 4, 2011

Easter

This post has been sitting in my draft since May 7th, I had good intentions. I can see how easy it is to get behind with one's blog; the myriad of pictures waiting to be sorted, edited and prepared for the web, the words to record, the tired mom who doesn't want to start... So, let's get caught up!

Easter was special this year since Camden's birthday was on the same day. Oh how I miss my boy. Naturally, I was more emotional and sensitive to traditional Easter festivities and more keenly aware of our Savior. How grateful I am that He lives.

We didn't do baskets for the kids but did get them dressed up in their Sunday best. Which is not documented. Blast. Trying to get to church on time delayed the family picture and then when we got home from church the kids were in meltdown mode so my precious photo got nixed. Max was handsome in a navy pinstriped vest with matching pants, shiny black shoes and his hair fixed just so. Kate was splendid in blue and yellow floral topped with a white sweater and a pretty white flower in her hair. Adorable. Blue eyes shining. Take my word for it. I will have to do a redo and post that later.

Our first Easter festivity was the Midwestern Easter shindig. We were 10 minutes late and the egg hunt was completely over. Oh well. So we walked around, snagged some snacks and let the kids play with some balls on the court. They had bounce houses and the Easter Bunny but we knew Max and Kate would get clobbered in the bounce houses with the older kids and we weren't inclined to wait 15+ minutes in line to get a picture with a bunny. So this is all we have.

Photobucket

We did have Easter festivities to attend the following weekend and the kids participated in their first egg hunt. We met Phil's family at the Scottsdale Train Park for a nice picnic dinner and treats. No pictures of the actual hunt since all hands on deck were required to keep them focused.

Photobucket

Candy is king. Once discovered that was all that mattered, who cared if there were more eggs to find?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a busy weekend with us running the Warrior Dash Saturday morning, Phil doing physical exams on high school students for Midwestern all afternoon and then meeting at the park. But it was wonderful to spend it with family.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you had a good Easter. It has new meaning for me as well. It was harder than Mother's day! Don't know why.

The kids are so cute!

Lindsee said...

Don't worry. My twins didn't really get a picture on Easter either. I was so upset it nearly ruined the day! Aparently I am still upset ;)