Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kate's First Pigtails & Other Tidbits

Photobucket

Kate's friend Nora came to play last week and was sporting some adorable pigtails. Since they have the same length of hair I decided it was time for Kate to have some hair style options. She miraculously held still long enough, there was some redirection on my part, and soon enough she was sporting two lop-sided pigtails. Amazingly she left them alone for the most part at first. She did try and take them out as the day went on but I am just as stubborn as she or more so and I won, the pigtails stayed.

Kate's current obsession is Phil's iPhone. Max loves it too and it causes strife so I don't like to let them have it or any expensive electronics at all. Phil is a sucker and loves to show them videos of themselves that he has captured.

Here is Kate in the backyard last week, Phil was going to study and his phone was within sight and reach. Kate went in for the capture and Phil let her.

Photobucket

Her sweet face of triumph!

Photobucket

We went on a walk/run to the library and her bear joined us all through story time. My baby girl who never falls asleep in the car or stroller conked out the last 10 minutes of our walk home.

Photobucket

We have gone back to two naps during the day. The past two weeks Max without fail will fall asleep in the car if we go anywhere from 9am on. I am trying to figure this out and push them to go longer in the mornings but by 10am they are done. Then they sleep for over two hours. Which is all fine and good but that usually means they won't nap again in the afternoon.

Today I woke them up from the morning nap and put them down again for an afternoon nap so I could watch conference. It worked though I put them down too early and there was playing and then protesting but they did fall asleep. This puts a damper on all morning activities such as story time at the library and any play groups with friends. They are starting to sleep longer or just be quiet in the mornings until closer to 7am now that I am making sure to wear them out with some physical play; playground, wrestling, pool time, etc.

5 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

yay for pigtails!!!

Marilyn said...

Cute pigtails! So glad I can keep up with your growing family on your blog.

Amy said...

she's adorable! Her face when she got that iphone... priceless.

Brian and Janette said...

Adorable! Pigtails suit her nicely!

Nate and Lori said...

When you figure out the nap thing, let me know. Reese's nap dilemma is pretty much identical to their's. And the piggies are so so so cute! They make her look so old.