
It's official! We have big kids. Max and Kate went to nursery for the first time last Sunday. They did wonderful!
The key was making them take a nap in the morning so we could all survive 3 hours of 11am-2pm church. Getting through sacrament is always a bear and we pull out all the stops; snacks, sippys, quiet book, board books, usually someone escapes our chair barricade and a walk through the halls is required.
Finally, the meeting ended and we ventured down the hall to the sacred room of toys and snacks. Free babysitting! We stayed a few minutes to get the kids comfortable and then Phil slipped out. I had Kate plastered to my side since she never does well in new situations. Finally she got brave and I was able to leave as the nursery leader blocked her view and created a distraction. We peeked in on them after Sunday School and they were having a snack, sitting in little chairs like big kids. We were the proud dopey parents beaming through the 6-inch window.
I felt almost naked without two babies to worry about during the remaining two hours of church. In Relief Society I actually got sleepy. I got to sit through a wonderful lesson and am starting to refill my spiritual cup at church. Though I was a freak and kept looking at the door anytime someone would open it or walk by, just waiting for a poopy diaper or desperate child.
After the block, Phil was already in the nursery when I got there and the kids did great. The leaders had nothing but good things to say and I am so happy all went well.
We tried to take family pictures before the meeting and of course we only got a good one of Phil, even then I had to swap a head in photoshop, mine were indecent with too much chest and leg being bared thanks to wiggly non-compliant children. Next week I am getting one with my babes!
10 comments:
aw! So cute!!! and SO big!
Mine are next. Weird. Our babies are turning into kids!!
Glad they did well. Being naked at church sounds great ;) Can't wait.
They are so stinking cute Heather! I love them!
Our blessed day is in June ! Then I will feel like an active member again : )
Yay nursery! The countdown is over. I'm so glad they did well!
Oh the blessed day! Enjoy it for a few months!
Nursey is the greatest new thing ever. I feel like Im cheating by leaving her for 2 whole hours and being able to do whatever I want. I love Kate's little dress.
Wahoo glad they did so well!! The kids look adorable as always and don't you hate how guys so easily take good pics... not fair!
i cant believe BOTH of yours are going to nursery!!! my rylie, who is 2, STILL won't go!!!! ugh!!! oh well...someday, maybe, hopefully...HA!
oh my heck, they are SO cute! max is a cookie cutter of you, and kate of phil. :)
Post a Comment