Kate awoke first and I started getting her breakfast together instead of going to the couch. She doesn't seem to care about nursing anyway so I figured she was a safe bet. Max woke up a few minutes after her and saw her eating breakfast so I buckled him in and gave him a banana. He didn't seem to care either. They don't care for straight cow's milk but I still want to ensure they are getting enough fat and calories. I gave a smoothie one more try. Milk, yogurt, strawberries, vanilla and for good luck a spoonful of sugar. I'll take the sugar if they will drink the fat.
Success! Looks like we have a new routine in the mornings. And I'm still a bit sad about that.
I'd like to put in a special thank you to my trusty right-hand man, my twin nursing pillow. Couldn't have done it without you! It has held a special place hanging over the arm or back of our couch for over a year now. Now it is time to pass it on or pack it up. It went from two little babes nestled on it, heads propped up with blankets to reach their mom to two rambunctious pre-toddlers who roll off when they are done. It even got it's own suitcase when we flew to Texas! Good times. You will be missed my friend.
4 comments:
Each transition brings bitter-sweet feelings with it. But for now...enjoy having your body back for a bit! You done good with those cuties!
Good job! I bet it'll be so weird not to have your pillow lying around anymore. But you have done amazing!! Nursing one for a whole year is great but TWO?? That's awesome.
It felt so weird to pack up my pillow and nursing stuff too. And I was sad for a long time but I just have to remember that there will be another baby and I will get to use it all again. It is nice to not have to lift my shirt in public...but I miss the early morning feedings in bed. Oh well...they can't do it forever.
I wouldn't give it away just yet...
I was sad when mine got put in the closet. I got sad when I went to DI and saw that someone had given theirs away. It was like I wanted to run and grab it and tell it, "I'm sorry that your best friend gave you away." Seriously, it was my third arm.
Post a Comment