Last night I lay in bed reading before turning in. Max started crying around 10:30pm, I paused first to see if he would calm himself and at Phil's insistence I went in to check on him. The house was dark and my eyes had not yet adjusted. I felt around in his crib and found him sitting up crying hard. I scooped him up and cuddled him close to me, we went to the rocking chair in the corner and rocked. He quickly calmed down and I sensed he lapsed back into a sleep. He was twitching, dreaming, his little hands and feet jumping slightly here and there.
His head rested at my shoulder, nestled into my neck, my chin touching the top of his blonde hair. My hand cupped his bottom and I looked down the length of his long body wondering how on earth he grew so long. When did his body grow big enough to extend down into my lap? What happened to the little 4 pound peanut I brought home?
We snuggled a few more minutes as I drank it all in; the warmth and weight of his body, his silky soft skin, his deep, even breathing. Goodness, I love my children.
January 2010 - A 4-month old sleeping Max
5 comments:
sweet memories! i can also distinctly remember doing the same thing with cameron when he was young. going into his room to console him after waking up in the middle of the night and seeing our reflection in his closet mirror and thinking to myself," when did he grow so long?!" i liked this post- thank you!
Why is it that we are extra smitten with our babes when they're sleeping? I think it's just that we've finally taken the time to stop, release the stress and just plain adore them to pieces. My goal is to have those moments while my busy little guy is still awake...they don't happen as frequently then...but they will! Man I love my boy!
So sweet!
I love this post! I so know how you feel. I love those peaceful little moments when we get to recognize just how lucky we are to be their moms.
Hey you are welcome to love on Bronx anytime..and while you do that I will love on your two beautiful babes!
LOVE this post!!! our posts are so similar! how funny is that??!! and we both called our kids peanuts...haha...
you are so sweet w/your little ones...and he is TOO ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment