Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Mini

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh be still my heart! Couldn't you just eat him? Such a sweet boy.

Phil's paternal grandparents call Max "Little Phil" every time they see him. I think otherwise. Our eyes crinkle the same when we smile, we have the same shaped head and solid body.

When I was pregnant I wished that our little girl would get Phil's skinny genes and not my sturdy, will always fight for my weight genes. Thankfully Max has my build and Kate is lithe and light like her daddy. We will see how that translates as he grows. He may not thank me...

And every time I look at my baby pics I want to kick myself for being an overzealous "scrapbooking" 14-year old who butchered my pictures. Yes, the originals. My mom should have beat me, I am sure she wanted to when she saw the damage.

Now if I could get my hands on Phil's baby pictures we could compare Pip and her dad.

12 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

I totally think max is you and kate is totally phil!

Carl and Amber said...

I agree completely. You and Max look identical!!

Nate and Lori said...

So many things to say...

I butchered my pictures too. Does your mom have the negatives anymore? I saw that you can now buy a little thing that converts the negatives to digital. I feel bad because I would crop siblings out of photos so that they could fit stupid shapes like balloons and flowers. One of these days I need to go through my moms negative stash.

So far, its looking like Reese got Nate's smaller bod too and I am thrilled.

I find that the family of each parent feels that the child looks like their side of the family. Nate's parents say Reese looks like nate...mine say she looks just like me.

I definitely think that he looks like you. Isn't it so great to look down at your kids and see yourself in them? I love it.

Kami Milliron said...

He sure does look a lot like you - but either way, those kiddies are CUUUTE ! And I love the butchered picture. I think I did something similar when I was little. But what I love EVEN MORE is how we all have a couple baby pictures where you can tell our homes SCREAMED of the 70's and 80's decor : )

Amber Waters said...

Yes i could just eat him! Too stinkin Cute!

Brittney Blount said...

Ya i did the same thing to my pictures. The park pics are so cute. You have some pretty babies. And it makes me laugh about the 13 yr old girls. They seem to flock to Kendal too. You will appreciate it soon though. When they are entertaining them and keeping them from running away!

Marilyn said...

He is definitely your mini!!

Brian and Janette said...

Either way, I'd say it's a win-win. But, I have thought Max shared your genes a little more strongly from the get-go.

Marisa said...

I totally agree with you. Either way, they are adorable and so sweet!

Kathryn said...

14 year olds should not be allowed to scrapbook. I did the same think, just thankfully to only a few pics.

Kimberly said...

He totally looks like you! It is funny though, when people say they look like the other parent when you think otherwise!
And I love the pics of them in the swing. They are ADORABLE.

Terina said...

Little twinners!