




First time swinging at the park.
We got flocked by two 13 year olds, so my photo op was "ruined" since they wanted to hold them. Hence why Max got short changed. Oh well, there will be plenty of opportunities and as I was posting this Phil remarked that our children are surely not going to be lacking any baby pictures.
As we left the park to take a walk the girls chased us down to give us their number so they can babysit. I don't think I am ready to leave my kids with little girls! How did parents ever trust me with their children when I was their age?
12 comments:
Hey girl...I love all the posts and the pics...so darn adorable...I am so sad that you live so far and I won't be able to watch them grow. Love you!
I ask myself that all the time.
Very very cute as usual.
Don't you love blogs? For me it feels like you never moved away. For you I'm sure it's a different story.
As I sit here and type, McRae is on my lap shouting, "Baby! Baby!" Over and over again. Then he makes a smooching/kiss sound towards the picture of Kate in her swimwear. He thinks she's pretty cute, too, I guess.
It's good to know that you have volunteers to watch the kiddos for whenever you do reach the point of being ready to leave those cute kiddos.
I think your kids just get cuter as they get older. I remember when we went out of town for our anniversary the first time. We left Andy with my sister in law and I cried for about a half hour after. It was the same when I went back to work. Unfortunately, it gets easier.
They are just so delish! I swear their eyes are just amazing.
Reese is in need of a swinging buddy. Everytime I put her in the swing, she's just too small that she slinks forward. I guess that is the benefit of twins. They can swing easily!
Our ward had a little service auction to help the youth raise money for camp. I'm in young womens and wanted to support the girls, but the thought of leaving Reese with one of them for babysitting was just not going to happen. I remember babysitting at 12 years old, but who knows when I will be able to leave Reese with a teenager.
Yaaaaaaaaaay! First time swinging. It became an obsession for Gwenna. She still loves it. Olivia isn't quite ready for it so I'm super jealous of the double cuteness going on there!!
As far as babysitting, I felt the same way. Some couples in our ward watched Gwenna for us when she was little. Now we have a regular babysitter, a nice girl from the institute, who comes and watches our girls a few days a month. We've REALLY missed her this month as she had her wisdom teeth out and Ted had his tonsillectomy... we could use some time away from the girls and they could use some time away from us. Make the hearts grow fonder all around. But 13 year old girls? Yeah, I'd pass on that one too. Especially with 2 babies. But that's maybe just me...
Beautiful babes! It was absolutely nerve racking the first time we left Max with a teenage babysitter! But I've gradually gotten better at it. I feel better if the sitter has a little bro/sis that is close to Max's age, so they know how it goes.
Yes, i started sitting at 11. I cant believe it. There is no way I would trust a teenager. Scary :) They are just gorgeous. I love that shirt Kate is wearing btw.
I've totally felt the same way about babysitters. I was 10 when I started babysitting for my cousin. That just seems beyond crazy to me now! I didn't leave my kids with a teenager (15 yo) until just a few months ago. I've only done it that one time, but probably for the cost aspect. I prefer to switch with another couple or just another mom! I actually did mom switching a ton during medical school. We all got our alone time for errands, and it was awesome!
Beautiful pictures! I kinda miss having a baby in the house. I find when I'm counting heads, Karrie mixes me up since she is 20 months old already and gets around easily. I realized that I've always had an infant of 2-4 months by then!
About getting a babysitter...the first couple of times, especially with your first kids or when they are really little it definitely is nerve racking. I would suggest getting a girl that is used to younger siblings...especially babies. Our daughter is 13 and is VERY capable of babysitting her 8 younger siblings (generally if they are all in her care we make sure at least the 20 month is in bed because of sibling dynamics, but if she is taking care of just the youngest three age 4, 3 and 20 months she can do it no problem with all of them up...in fact I trust her more then many other girls who are not used to little kids.
It is tough..but there comes a point when keeping in touch with each other or sanity start to call its name too! (-:
Phew..sorry for the lengthy comment.
Enjoy your babies...they are special gifts from above!
The pictures of the two of them in the swing are SERIOUSLY cute!! Love it :)
Post a Comment