Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Neglected

Oh this poor journal. I want to write, I do. I think of it often and mentally start compiling my thoughts and the days (weeks) events and then naptime abruptly ends or the dishes, laundry, email, bills, exercise, etc. anything/everything else calls my name and another day goes unrecorded.

I was remarking to my friend Rebecca yesterday on our walk that I used to blog effortlessly,words flowed and this was before I had children to write about. She said I need to write for me, no one else. She is right and I know that and this blog has already turned into an ode to Max & Kate, as it should, they are our life right now and that alone is deserving of its own record.

I am going to try to do better, try to record the everyday, the monotony routine and albeit mundane season of motherhood that I am in right now. I say that with happiness though, I like routine, I like the mundane and seemingly endless loop of life that we are in right now. I am fine staying home day in and day out with my littles, catering to naps and nursing, forgoing errands and outings. I am soaking in the little triumphs and failures of each day and ever reminding myself that this time passes too quickly so I need to live it up, enjoy it!

So I will. And I will record it.

4 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Hooray! Don't let the fear of your blog becoming a mommy blog scare you. I dreaded mommy blogs before I was a mom, but now that I know better, I appreciate them so much more. There is a lot of strength and wisdom found in mommy blogs...at least for me. I find motivation and courage to continue pressing onward in the greatest calling on earth! We're so lucky! And we're all lucky to hear from you whenever you're able--no pressure though, because now that you are a mother, well...other things are just more important!

Nate and Lori said...

Oh good! I've missed your frequent posts. And I don't care what you write about, I always find it interesting.

Candace said...

Well said! I have been pondering some of the same things just today!

Rebecca said...

Pearls. Pearls I tell you. They just flow from me. You know... in between "dishes, laundry, email, bills, exercise, etc." So fun to check in and see you write. Now if only I could follow my advice and your example.