Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tummy Time

These were taken end of February and we have been working on tummy time. Well someone is not a fan! Max is great and ends up rolling over. Kate on the other hand...

Photobucket

She starts out well and then after a few minutes (if that!) screams like we are torturing her and ends up just giving up, laying her pretty head down and sucking her thumb.

Photobucket

As of today she is doing better, but still doesn't last longer than a 5 minutes at a time or think it is very fun. I am constantly distracting her with noisy toys and talking to her. Bless her little heart.

Sleep Update: Um, yeah. Definitely an isolated incident the whole sleeping from 7pm til 6am. The past few nights have been back to square one. Up at 10pm, 2am, and then wake up at 6am. Little stinkers. I went to them at the 2am feed and they were both on their backs and grinned so big at me, like "Hi Mom! Let's play! So good to see you!". I nursed them, burped, reswaddled and layed them down. Went to bed myself and as I am drifting off I hear little voices. Max talking as he is again on his back playing with his hands. I flip him over and he hollers at me. I ended up needing to rock him and then finally getting into bed an hour after the whole shebang started. Bless them!

And naps have been ghastly. 30-45 minute naps are the new norm. So stinky! Which means I get nothing done and have to entertain them since they don't want independent play time, just cuddle with mom time. Which is okay. This will pass. I think they are growing, so I feed them of course, and the rolling over bit is really cramping our (my) style.

I am proud that I am not freaking out like I would have in my earlier mommy days. I remind myself that this will pass, I need to enjoy the moment and them. They are still happy, good babies. And housework is over rated, right? Right. (But not when I need to prep the house for international company staying with us this weekend!)

5 comments:

Miss Niss said...

housework and all the other stuff is definitely over-rated...i remember when rylie was about that age..she would NOT nap either...they seem to go thru phases...and yes it will pass...and the non-sleeping wont last forever...just ENJOY the moments the best you can...and i'm sure if your house is not SPIC and SPAN your guests will understand, because heck...you DO have twin babies:) love you guys!

Nate and Lori said...

I think that it helps to know that they have slept through the night before so you know that it will happen again. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

And Reese HATED tummy time for the longest time too and then overnight changed her mind. She does have a friend who is 9 months though and still wont lay on her tummy. I think thats just how some babies are.

So glad that you are staying chill. What other choice do we have, right?

Brian and Janette said...

ha ha ha! i had to laugh at your comment regarding "freaking out in your earlier mommy days." It's so true--and amazing, acutally--how much your mind can change or how much you learn and grow in just six months of mommy-hood. As time continues to pass, you'll probably let up on some of that clean freak nature, too. At least I did a little bit for a time, and now that my boy is older and can entertain himself quite a bit more, I can get more stuff done! Good for you for realizing that these are just phases and enjoying the moments here and now for what they are!

Marilyn said...

You have a very positive attitude towards the whole thing. I can tell you have changed from when they were itty bitty. I on the other hand would be a total crab. No sleep night after night does not agree with me.

Candace said...

Milestones (ie. rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, etc.) equals crappy sleep for a few weeks!!! Happened with my first two and I KNOW it'll happen with Carter, too. Who knows why??

GOOD THING THEY ARE SO ADORABLE. And they ARE!