First I had to research this vast new territory of solids. Then we had to get all the gear; chairs, baby spoons and some little bowls just right for small servings. Finally we were ready for the big time. Don't they look so big? We placed Max in his chair first and he just sat there all tall and lifted his hands when I placed the tray on the chair. I gushed over him and lamented to Phil that they need to stop growing!

First food: Bananas!

Hmm, strange new texture.



She likes it!

And she knows just what to do with her spoon. Not really, everything goes to the mouth.

Another day of "nanas" and they love them. They now lean towards the spoon and open wide and are quite adept at working it in their mouths. And making a mess of course.

His chubs kill me.

The second and maybe more important milestone of the week:
Sleeping from 7pm to 6am last night! What?! I know! If only I could sleep as well as they did. I sleep with one ear open it seems and now I naturally wake and sleep really light between 1 and 3am, just waiting for them.
I tell ya, I was never so happy to see them this morning! My chest was rock hard and painful. I am not holding my breath for a repeat performance tonight but hopefully this trend continues. Our naps were stinky today though, not sure if it is related but I will do some troubleshooting and hope to have things ironed out by the end of the week. They would sleep for 30 minutes and then wake up and then be crabby pants less than an hour later. Stinkers.
They have learned how to roll over now and Max is always in a different spot. He pops his head right up when I lay him down and can stay perched up just looking around for 15-20 minutes. He inevitably rolls over and I have to go back in, turn him over and convince him to sleep. Today I had to rock him and within 5 minutes each time he would fall fast asleep. We think he now knows that is it more fun to stay up and play and he just fights it.
Kate is happy to lay down. She pops in her thumb which she now much prefers to the pacifier. Dang. I love it because she can soothe herself but then I hate it since it is going to be one mean habit to break. Oh well. Can't win 'em all and I will deal with it when the time comes.

I just love them.
7 comments:
They are so stinking cute! I love to sit and watch them in church as the gaze around. You and Phil have done such a great job with them.
SOOOOOO stinking cute, Heather!!!! Introducing solids is always fun. They make the greatest faces.
AND...I'd have to vote on the sleeping 7-6 as the bigger milestone!! BIG fan of that one. Hope you'll get the naps smoothed out soon, too!
As sad as it is to see them grow up, I have to say that this is a wonderful stage. They looks so cute sitting in their little chairs next to each other. With Kate always being on the feisty side, I wouldn't expected that Max would love the banannas more.
Isn't it the best feeling to wake up in the morning and look at the clock to realize that they slept so long! Its amazing what sleep does for a mommy too!
P.S. If the thumb turns into a big problem with Kate when she's older, I'd recommend Mavala. We sell it like hot cakes in the dental office and it has cured many children, so don't stress!
Hurray. Hurray. Hurray. I thought of you last night when I was up until 12:30, then up at 3 and our day started at 6:45 (sick olders).
Wow! Those are some big milestones! I can't believe they slept through the night. Yay!!! Since you posted this yesterday, I hope they slept just as well for you last night!
Getting so big...and as cute as ever!
Post a Comment