Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trying to get the perfect picture: A Photo Essay

For Valentines I wanted to get a cute shot of Max & Kate to send to my mom. Photographing two 5 month olds can prove problematic. They don't always look at the same time, they aren't impressed with my antics and there's a lot of slouching going on. Here is Max & Kate's take:

"Aw man, here she goes again. We just did a bunch of shots on the leather chair."
Photobucket

K: "Well, at least we get to be outside now, so here's a smile for ya mom!"
Photobucket

"A change of position but we're still not impressed."
Photobucket

K: "Just deadpan it Max, maybe she will give up."
Photobucket

K: "What! Still more?!"
M: "I have better things to do."
Photobucket

"Maybe if we both say something she'll get the hint."
Photobucket

K:"Ugh. That didn't work either."
M: "Seriously, look at her go, all that wasted energy on goofy faces, it's rather disturbing actually."
Photobucket

K: "Max, I am putting a stop to this! I will not take no for an answer!"
Photobucket

361 frames later, turns out the best shot was one of the first ones we took, best light, best skin tones, best everything. Go figure. Get used to it kids.

12 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Scrumptious! So cute. That first pic---Kate looks just like your family--like Vanessa. I'd never seen that before until now. Isn't it crazy how much they change and yet, keep a lot of their same characteristics from when they were first born. Weird!

Marisa said...

oh so sweet! madisyn was just looking with me and said "those babies are just cute" agreed!

Kathryn said...

They don't get any easier to photograph. Frustration. They can be all smiles, then the camera comes out and it's just blank stares. Sorry to be the twin mom bahumbugger.

Hoping all is still well in the sleep department.

Kathryn said...

Oh by the way, I thought all the pictures were adorable though. It's just when you are the mom, you want to capture what you see everyday.

Marilyn said...

I wonder if they really were thinking those exact same things! Adorable pictures!

Nate and Lori said...

What lucky babies. Seriously, I would kill to have a few more pics when I was litte. Isn't it great to see more of their personalities coming out? Such cuties.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hold these little babies. They are so beautiful!

Rootbeer Floats said...

Congrats! on possibly more sleep. Those pictures are so cute!.... Thanks for the teething advice. So far -- she seems to be staying asleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

i haven't had the chance to look at your blog for a very long time. i love how detailed you speak of your mothering experiences and it brings tears to my eyes to know of you and phil's joy in parenting. i love you guys and so much wish that i could be there to gnaw on those babies!

Leah said...

aww.w..little lovlies...story of my life....it's hard to throw out the bad ones though....I want to kiss their sweet cheecks!

Candace said...

Adorable!! I loved your commentary. :)

Christi said...

LOVE these pictures! You sure have some CUTE kiddos!!