Friday, July 10, 2009

Utah-Part 1

Friday, June 26th, 2009 we headed off to Page, AZ to start our vacation. We left after Phil clocked out and the truck was loaded up. We arrived about 6 hours later and crashed in our crappy hotel (expedia hotel reviews were wrong!). After breakfast and showers we headed out to Horseshoe Bend, hiked the trail and beheld the wonder.

Photobucket

We hit Glen Canyon Dam to be tourists and then Antelope Canyon was next where we were taken onto the Navajo Reservation and led through the slot canyon that was carved by wind and water. Really beautiful but it was terribly overcrowded with numerous tours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the caves we were on the road again. We had a very productive morning and began the trek to SLC. We arrived and this time slept in wonderful accomodations.

Phil was in his element as we soaked up all the gorgeous mountain scenery, hiked numerous trails and reveled in the cool weather.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We drove through the Timpanogos Mountains along the Alpine Loop and everywhere you looked you saw this! (Sing it with me, "The hills are alive!!", I really did sing this numerous times.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped in Sundance and rode the ski lift up the mountain. It was gorgeous and I was just a wee bit nervous dangling along the mountainside, I made Phil pull down the "safety" bar and I survived.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope you had a great time.

The Hann Family said...

Fun and Beautiful...couldn't ask for a better trip!

Marrdy said...

Such beautiful pictures. Glad you had a nice trip. You look SOOOO cute!

melissa said...

wow! gorgeous scenery. You have such a beautiful glow heather. Lookin oh so cute!

Kim said...

"with the sound of music" Love that movie. Everything looks so beautiful and green I love it. Cute belly and scary drop from the chair lift. We rode one up this weekend with all 3 of our girls and I am surprised that i don't have a whole head of gray hair. Just looking at your picture makes my stomach weak and remember how I felt with the girls. I am excited to see you and get to catch up again.

Wendy said...

How fun and how beautiful. We missed you guys at the cabin, though.

therealmccoy said...

Heather, those cave shots are amazing!
I'm not going to lie... I don't like your bump so close to the edge of that cliff. I won't be surprised if those babies come out wanting to go cliff jumping and skydiving:)

Ryan and LeDawn said...

your pictures are beautiful and so are you Heather! You def have a pregnant glow!

Kami Milliron said...

Gorgeous ! Everything is more amazing than the brown, ugly, hot deserts of Arizona.

And that baby bump keeps getting cuter and cuter ; )

Loree said...

What a fun trip! and you look so stinking cute! I wish I was that cute when I was pregnant! Gorgeous pictures as usual! I won't show them to Leonard because he is itching to move to utah and these pics will send him over the edge. :) I love green but I like this brown hot desert too.

Andrea Gunnell said...

beautiful pictures!

Brian and Janette said...

Beautiful pics! (The scenery ones were good, but the ones of you were GREAT!) Glad you had a great time!