Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Utah-Part 2

After SLC and trekking around the Utah Valley we headed to Park City. We visited a ski resort and zipped down the Alpine Slide, which is like the bobsled tracks. It was a lot of fun! Sorry no pics as both Phil & I were too busy having fun. After we stopped and ate a delicious caramel apple and a double scoop of ice cream. We then drove towards our bed and breakfast which was on the other side of the mountain. We, of course, opted for the scenic route, over the mountain instead of around.

At the crest of the mountain we came across a lookout, pulled over and hiked down a bit to a hidden lake. Along the way there was snow!

Photobucket

I realized I need to let my crazy snow-white legs see the sun.

Photobucket

The beautiful lake, which was swarming with mosquitoes. I didn't stay long.

Photobucket

And Phil's baby also had a photo-op. Many thanks dear Titan, we couldn't have traversed these many mountains without you!

Photobucket

We hiked (notice a trend here?) Mount Timpanogos. It was steep and taxing but this belly survived. Phil was proud.

Photobucket

We finished our tour of the Salt Lake Valley mid-week and headed south to Ephraim to visit my mom. They were moving so we helped pack and load. We enjoyed the great company, fabulous weather and I munched quite regularly on my nephew Kash. Gorgeous child that I neglected to capture with my camera.

Phil had an off-roading adventure with the truck that resulted in 4 new tires! Hooray!

He went fishing and sliced 2 of the tires clean on a metal culvert as he was on the forest service road. Luckily he was rescued by his kind father-in-law and numerous people who let him hitchhike into town with shredded tires in tow. He left at 5AM and returned after 3PM. And poor guy, he didn't catch any fish.

The next morning he left with Link (father-in-law) to quad ride up the mountain to let more water out for the farmers. (Link is the water master). Phil had a good time and returned very dirty. Link showed him the Milky Falls up Manti Canyon and Phil took me up there to check them out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This will serve as the belly pic, 22 weeks.

Needless to say we had a fabulous time and were saddened to return home to the 115 degree weather that will stifle us this weekend. He officially wants to be a snowbird. I told him he has to wait 35 years.

12 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Looks like so much fun and quite the adventure! Love the beautiful pictures. Next time you go on a trip like this you'll probably both be carrying a baby while you hike which will make it even more of an adventure!

Kim said...

Fun! Love the last picture of you! Way cute.

Nate and Lori said...

I'm so impressed with all of your hiking! Just reading about it makes me super tired! You look fantastic! Your tiny and I'm super jealous!

Leah said...

Can I just say I am so proud of you for hiking all over the world preggo with twinnies? You are awesome...looks like a great break for you too!

Adele said...

Oh so much fun! I can't believe all the hiking you did. Nate wants to be a snowbird too. He misses Utah. Never got the chance to say thanks for letting me tag along at the wedding. Had a blast. We need to get together sometime!

Marrdy said...

The pictures are beautiful. Glad you had a good time in Utah. We spent the last two weekends in Park City and Heber. It was gorgeous. And since you returned to 115 I won't whine about the 100 we're getting on Saturday!

Marilyn said...

What pretty pictures and how great that you were able to see and do so much. Yeah, welcome back to HELL!

Kathryn said...

I'm impressed with all the hiking you are doing.

Everynight (or I guess more like early morning) when it is 4 and I'm feeding babies I think about you and what advice I would give (that is if you still want it). I kind of like giving twin advice. I want people to be able to enjoy their twins not just endure them. It's much more fun to enjoy the adventures. We would love to have you come over anytime or I could e-mail you some tips I've thought of, or we can chat on the phone. Whatever works for you. Twins are work, but it's amazing.

I'm SO excited for you guys. I know you will make a great twin team.

Crissybug said...

What an exciting trip. You guys are so adventurous. It would have been nice to escape this blimey heat!

O'Loughlin Family said...

Hey Heather! Melissa wanted me to give you her email - she would love to be able to read your blog!

melissa.hymas@gmail.com

Christi said...

Look at you! Hiking with such a cute belly! Looks beautiful!!

Kelly said...

My husband loved the truck pictures, he said they look like stock photos. That's a good compliment! :)

Carmel apples AND ice cream? You vacation like me!

As for my vacation post with a big fat lack of pictures of the dress I agonized over, we never got a good shot. How sad is that? I am going to post something though. Keep your eyes peeled.