The Process: Search endlessly online for crib bedding and ideas.
End up disgusted and frustrated with the lack of COLOR and pizzaz good enough for one picky mama. Pastels do not appeal here.
The Solution: Make your own.
Project A: Custom Canvas Art full of whimsy and modern touches of color=totally cute & tickles my fancy.

Project B: Custom Crib bedding. Turquoise & Lime Green, perhaps toeing the line of feminine but has the bright color I crave and hopefully our son will forgive me & turn out thoroughly boy despite my decorating choices.
I spent almost 3 hours in the fabric store weighing the options, ridiculous but necessary. No turning back now.

Project C: Another wall piece for over the crib, stay tuned...

Project D: Reupholster one ugly glider, photos to come.
And finally, a belly shot, approximately 19 weeks.
We were camping and the babes were definitely present.

As if I didn't take long enough to post this time I will be heading for Utah tomorrow and will return with lots to post. No worries.
23 comments:
You are so creative Heather! I can't wait to see the final projects!! You look darling!!
You go girl! Can't wait to see the finished project!
I love your bumpity bump! Glad to hear that all is well. (-:
Take care
SWEET! I absolutly love it! Can't wait to see the final project...you look awesome too btw...have a great time!
I really like the colors. And your son will forgive you. He will love the bright colors and will be glad you chose something he can spend his time looking at. Can't wait to see all the finished projects.
I'm so impressed by your creativity and am looking forward to seeing the finished nursery!
i am IN LOVE (smitten!) by your choices. you tackle that nursery girl! i'm really impressed and i can't wait to see how it all turns out. i'm really interested in the glider make over.
hope you have fun in UT! enjoy the cooler weather. :)
Looks like you'll be busy for a while...but those sound like fun projects. Can't wait to see the final results! Is it pretty sad that my baby's nursery isn't done and he is 8 months old, or what? Pretty sad, I know...but practical me can't fathom turning a whole room into a baby room when in 8 years, he'll grow out of it and want something else! So, we'll be doing something simple and that can grow with the ages and the difference in sexes (i.e. future children may be girls and they'll be using the same nursery)....wish I had more creativity and fun like you! I love your color choices!
Absolutly love the colors, so fun! Hope that you guys have fun in Utah!
So dang cute! Love the color choice. Im amazed at your ambition. I couldn't even possibly think of reupholstering a chair and making crib bedding. You're amazing heather! Can't wait to see the finished project!
Very creative, I am very impressed. You will have to take a ton of pictures once everything is done. I am anxious to see how it works out.
And you look ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE with your little belly, so cute and perfect !
If I only had a smidgen of your creativity I would be happy. Can't wait to see the final project!
How Fun! You could come and decorate some of my rooms. Love your little bump. Your almost half way!!! YAY!!!
LOVE THE COLORS!!! I'm with you...blah to all of the pastels. I've changed my mind about 100 times about what to do in my nursery. Good job on getting an early start on yours.
love the fabric choices!!! way to be brave & create your own bedding!! i had to do the same. and in fact, i think we chose the exact same fabric from joann's, however yours in teal/green and tenley's is pink/orange. you'll have to check my blog to concur (her curtains are on a recent post). :) ANYWAY.. i'm excited to see how it all turns out!! you have such a knack for stuff like that, i'm sure it will be amazing!! p.s. cute tummy!
Heather, my sister made my crib set for me when rory was born and is going to do it again with this little guy on the way if you already have the fabric I'm sure she could help you out!
SOOOOOOOO cute...love the fabrics! You look GREAT!!!
So cute!! Can't wait to see the finished room! Hope everything is going well with you and the little ones! You look great!!
I am so excited for you.
The names, the nursery so exciting
You have to post a million pics of the nursery this teaser of fabrics and unfinished projects has me on pins and needles!
p.s. you look so cute preggers!
YOu are looking fantastic and the fabric with the interlocking squares is so BOY!
wanted to extend an invitation to you...great resource! check it out
http://www.multiplesandmore.blogspot.com/
I have some help to offer, since you asked... Go to nymbler.com as it might help get the juices flowing with baby names.
For a boy we have Adam Alexander (Adam is Ted's middle name, Alexander is the last name of the man who sealed us.) picked out but if Gwenna were a boy her name would have been Jack (Jackson) Adam. If we have a girl, we're leaning towards Olivia Helen becuase we like Olivia and it sounds good with Gwenna and Helen was my great grandma's first name, a saint of a woman.
Basically, I think if you can pick a genre, name will flow easier. We like older names like Gwenna and Helen and Adam and Oliver and Owen. All on out lists. We also like names, first of middle, that mean something. Gwenna's whole name is significant. We liked Jackson Adam b/c his initials would be JAC, which would have been cute, but that can go both ways, cute or deadly.
Anyway, I don't know if that helps at all. I don't take suggestions for baby names well, but I think Nymbler is a fun website b/c it gives you TONS of names bases on what you say you like and don't like and you can pick favorites for inspiration. Kind of builds around a genre - i.e. old fashioned, new, exotic. Good luck! I think it's hard with twins because you want them to sound good together. We thought Olivia and Oliver would be cute for boy and girl twins if we ever had them (which I doubt we will, but you NEVER know!) - Livvy and Ollie. :) Good luck! The agreeing, I find, is the hardest part.
Those colors are ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see the finished project! Way to be creative and crafty!
Cute stuff. You are looking great. I can't wait for those little guys to come and to hear about it. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment