Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sledding

We went sledding while up north and had so much fun! The kids (big and small) loved it.

Photobucket

Some of us had a bit of a clothing malfunction.

Photobucket

As my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I stood at the bottom of the hill manning incoming children, this little one cried out for help. I quickly ran uphill to help but first snapped a few photos of her predicament. I couldn't help myself. Chuckles were heard from below as they watched me "help" her. I did secure her britches and soon she was on her way.

Photobucket

The boys built a snow ramp and Reed caught some good air coming off it. I love his facial expression.

Photobucket

And finally Phil. He obviously had fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And no pics of me from the whole weekend. That's life on this side of the camera. I did go down once and went crazy high up the hillside and came down wicked fast. Fun? Yes. But landing on your back with nothing but a plastic disc between me and the snow was enough to convince me one trip was all I needed. It was good while it lasted. We need to invest in better sleds.

6 comments:

Loree said...

wow great pics heather! sledding looks like fun. but i think i'd rather be the one documenting the fun! i need to take my kids to the snow, but it looks so cold! :)

Marilyn said...

Love the pictures, but we needed to see you coming down the hill! Snow is so much fun, and I'm glad we don't have to deal with all the mess that comes with it.

Kami Milliron said...

How fun ! Tyler always seems to enjoy himself more than Douglas does. I think these men will always be little Boys at heart.

I LOVE the way you take / edit pictures. You're very talented.

Taryn and Sterling said...

Looks like so much fun. That is a lot of snow. Where is your cabin? I love the sleds. The bright colors show up so well in the pictures. I know what you mean about not being in any photos, I too am always behind the camera.

Miss Niss said...

great pictures!! sounds like a GREAT time!!!

Marrdy said...

Looks like fun. I love sledding but ended up in the hospital the last time I went!