Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolve

I haven't posted for awhile and was struggling to find something worthy. Do I recap 2008? Nah, not much happened and I don't want to share the most intimate details of my life that has made 2008 "memorable". The big events being mostly heartache and challenges or shall we say "learning opportunities". And yet there was plenty of good. That is important to remember. My life is good.

I was hoping to finish 2008 off by checking off a major TO DO: a baby. But that hasn't been in the cards. I was struggling this weekend with a new set back, searching for answers and direction. Some insight:
  • Instead of focusing on what is out of my hands, I found that I need to focus on improving myself. My spiritual self. My physical self; health and strength.
  • I need to learn to let go. This is hard. I like to be in control. I like to plan, list and steadily check off that list.
  • Some things you can't plan; some things you have no control over. The theme for my year could very well be "I am not in charge!"
  • Patience. Patience. Patience. And some more for good measure.
  • I must and I shall realize that anything worthwhile is worth working and praying for.
  • Pray. Read. Improve.

While I may not completely control my life's circumstances, I am in control of myself; my conduct, my spiritual and physical well being. And there is always room for improvement. A New Year. A new beginning.

I am hopeful. Determined.

12 comments:

Marrdy said...

Such great goals, Heather. I hope that your wait will not be long and that your patience will hold out.

Anonymous said...

"learning opportunities" that's a great way to name trials, they really are just that. Well I hope you've done enough learning for whatever Heavenly Father has in store for you and I hope he soon grants you that righteous desire of your heart. Here's to 2009!

Andrea Gunnell said...

You are a great example to us all Heather. I think about you and pray for you often.

Terina said...

You are truly an inspiration!

Cortney said...

I sure have learned that things don't always go according to plan. I thought pregnancy, childbirth, and postpardum would be different than they were...but Heavenly Father has a plan to teach and guide us in this life. I did need to learn how to let go...to trust... to be patient...and I think the number one thing I have learned is to be able to lean on others. I have needed a lot of help this year and it wasn't so good at the time, but looking back has taught me that I need to be able to rely on others and that I can't do and be everyone to everybody. Oh, and sometimes it is good to write out your feelings, even bad, because that enables you to clear your mind and let others in. You are so loved and so many people pray for you and are on this journey with you. Don't ever feel like you can't open up your heart...maybe it's just what you need. :) Here's to 2009 Darlin'!Let's get together soon!

Unknown said...

I don't know how to put my feelings and thoughts into words for you exept that we have been thinking and praying for you Heather. I truly hope your life will be blessed with little ones; however they may come.

Taryn and Sterling said...

I love you goals, they are inspiring to me!

Nate and Lori said...

Here this will make your year better!!! I finally remembered to send you the photo location that you asked for. The cross streets are Ellsworth and Riggs, but on Riggs just west of Ellsworth there is a side dirt road and that's where we'll be.

So my question for you is, was there a specific book that you bought or certain websites where you learned the most from Adobe photoshop?

Kathryn said...

Heather, I check your blog often hoping that you have finally recieved the blessing you want so very much. Oh how I want that blessing for you too and pray for you often. I think of you a lot and you really inspire me to do better.

The Price Family said...

Heather....amazing..you know you are. It was good to see you the other day. You are so stunningly pretty..do you know that?! You always have been. You have righteous goals Heather, they will come true! Love ya.

Sheila Wilkerson said...

Ugggggg. I remember the disappointment month after month! I wanted to throw a tantrum, not look inward and improve. You are beautiful inside and out! Anything else I can think of to add seems trite and unhelpful. In fact, I want to throw a tantrum in your honor-grrrr! (probably not helpful either, sorry.) Best wishes!

Marilyn said...

I hate trials! I know they are learning experiences, but why can't the Lord just tell us what to learn instead of us experiencing it? You're a great example to me as I would just wallow!