Sunday, January 18, 2009

31

Last night we celebrated Phil's birthday and his acceptance to medical school (still just Nevada, Arizona we haven't heard from yet). We had a "Doctor" theme and I crazily went all out with the details with much appreciated guidance from my party expert friend Mary.

Everyone arrived in scrubs and we dined on the following:

Photobucket

We had set up tables to look like an operating room environment; the tables were draped in sterile blue with various doctor paraphanelia scattered down the center (sharps containers, cotton balls, alcohol wipes, needles, etc.) We had a drink station set up that was the "Blood Bank" and a "Organ Transport" cooler filled with drinks.

I am sad I didn't have time to take adequate photos of the evening, the food, the table set-up, etc. I was crazy having cooked for 2 days and the next party will be super simple with more focus on the entertainment and less on the food. It was fun though.

After we ate we had entertainment courtesy of our friends who brought karaoke and a fun game off the PS3 called Buzz. We then lit up a lemon cake and sang to Phil, ate our brain matter cupcakes and ice cream.

Thanks to our friends who came and supported us in this evening.

Photobucket

Photobucket

18 comments:

Terina said...

It was a great party! You did an excellent job! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you!!!

therealmccoy said...

Happy Birthday Dr. Phil!
Thanks for the props Heather. We had a great time.

Kelly said...

what fun! i love it. what a lucky guy phil is to have you for his wife!

Brian and Janette said...

How creative! Sounds like a lot of fun...and happy bday Phil. You're one lucky man!

Kami Milliron said...

I need some pointers - you're seriously the PERFECT Wife !

Leah said...

FUN! What a fancy party! Call me when you have time to come over....I would love to show you my tricks!
Happy b-day to your hubby!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Happy Birthday Phil! Sounds like you made it a lot of fun Heather. I'm sure all that food was delicious and those cupcakes look like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Now that's creative!

Marilyn said...

How fun! No wonder you were tired on Sunday. You really need to teach a cooking class.

Nate and Lori said...

You're creativity amazes me! It sounds like it was a wonderful party...too bad about not so many pictures. Phil needs to make more photography obsessed friends so that they can take the pics when you're running around crazy.

Dents said...

Sounds like an amazing party, Happy Birthday Phil!

Loree said...

wow girl! so creative and fun! a great way to bring on 31 years of life. happy bday to your hubby :)

Wendy said...

very fun and creative. I'm glad it turned out great.

Marrdy said...

Happy birthday Phil. Maybe you should become a party planner. That sounds like a pretty cool party.

Heather K said...

You are so cute Heather and such a fun cook!

Mandi said...

Sounds like your food was fabulous! You are a great wife to go through all that trouble.

Renee said...

You win the wife of the year award! What a great idea for a party.

Cortney said...

You are honestly so cute and creative! That idea was adorable...I wish I could have been your photographer that night so we could see the tables and all the great party details, even though I'm not a photographer, lol. We need to get together soon! I hope you two are doing great!