I have decided to share this information in hopes that it will inspire/motivate others to do the same. The monthly goals are easily attainable and before you know it you will be prepared!
January
Spiritual Goal: Hold Family Home Evenings every Monday.
Provident Living Goal: Establish a plan for paying off any debt. This could include paying more towards balances on home, vehicles, credit cards, student loans, etc.
Preparedness Goal: Gather recipes on how to use your pinto beans. Include beans in your meals everyday for one week.
Food Storage Goal:
50 lbs. flour*
*(see the comments for a handy/revised tip and also visit providentliving.org for the latest recommendations).
5 lbs. hot cocoa or other powdered drink
10 cans meat, fish, or chili
Personal/Household Goal:
1 gallon bleach
1 bottle of lotion
72-Hour kit Goal: Small sewing kit, which could include: safety pins, various sized needles, misc. colored thread, and buttons. Nylon Rope.
Water Storage Goal: 2 gallons of drinking water.
Spiritual Goal: Hold Family Home Evenings every Monday.
Provident Living Goal: Establish a plan for paying off any debt. This could include paying more towards balances on home, vehicles, credit cards, student loans, etc.
Preparedness Goal: Gather recipes on how to use your pinto beans. Include beans in your meals everyday for one week.
Food Storage Goal:
50 lbs. flour*
*(see the comments for a handy/revised tip and also visit providentliving.org for the latest recommendations).
5 lbs. hot cocoa or other powdered drink
10 cans meat, fish, or chili
Personal/Household Goal:
1 gallon bleach
1 bottle of lotion
72-Hour kit Goal: Small sewing kit, which could include: safety pins, various sized needles, misc. colored thread, and buttons. Nylon Rope.
Water Storage Goal: 2 gallons of drinking water.
16 comments:
hey, thanks for posting this! I really need a structured way to get my food storage!
wow! this is great!!
p.s. i miss you at bunco:(
seriously heather, i have that SAME flip chart from our old ward. it has noahs ark on the top? that is too funny. i thought i was the only one to keep it!
First of all I never thanked you for the info...I've been pouring through websites trying to learn stuff. So thanks!
I freaked out last year when I realized that we had NO food storage and bought those big buckets from Costco. Have you heard of those? It has a whole bunch of freeze dried stuff. I think each bucket will feed one person for a month and we paid $75 for it. I highly doubt that the food would be enjoyable but it would be food none the less. I like this stuff that you posted that really deals with all levels of prepardness. I've got to do better!
Way to go Heather! We have been really working on getting our food storage together, so thanks for a more organized plan. I like how it hits on year supply, 72 hour kits, and home storage. Sometimes it is hard to remember all of them.
Heather, be sure to visit ProvidentLiving.org. The preparedness materials have been revised in the past 12-18 months. And I personally don't store flour because it tastes awful after a very short amount of time. You'd be wiser to buy a simple wheat grinder and store wheat. Mind you I always have about 25# of flour for day to day cooking & baking. Just 2 cents from a previous canning coordinator. :) Great post, the important thing is to "actively" participate, right?
Great advice Sheila, thanks for the tip. I will cut down on the flour storage other than the usual baking supplies I have on hand, oh and the 7 #10 cans I already ordered! :)
Thanks for the reminder! I've actually been getting little reminders all over the place...is someone trying to send me a message?!
that was fun seeing you at rosa's!! I'm sorry i didn't get to talk to you. I said hi to you the turned to talk to some family and then turned around to talk to you again and you must have got seated ( you were gone)! He He! My family and I had our after Christmas dinner/gift exchange! it was fun!hope to see you again- now that i won't see you every month-:(
Thanks for sharing -- I am trying to amp up my food storage (like everyone else in the universe) and this should help give some structure to my madness. I also like the household and 72-hour suggestions because we always forget those -- except I always have my year supply of toothbrushes and toothpaste which I'm sure would make you, of all people, proud.
Heather - I was just passing by on your blog and I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I would love it if you would post these every month. Thanks again -
What a great goal. I have been working on mine, but in no particular order so thanks for your guidance!
Oh my goodness,65! I wish I could be as brave you. You guys are my heros. Good luck with your goals too.
I have that same booklet. I helped make them when I was the RS secretary. It was Shelly Turner who had it. It is so easy to follow. good luck with all of your goals.
I am so excited because we are finally in a position financially where we can buy a bunch of Food Storage. It brings a sense of relief to have that emergency supply there.
Post a Comment