Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Views & To Do's

There is finally evidence of a bit of Christmas Cheer in this home:
The tree is up, fluffed and thanks to it being prelit, it sparkles. I have yet to further adorn it's boughs; I may not. It is simple and clean. Haven't we been counseled to simplify?



It is dark and dreary out, my house is borderline too cool and I have yet to touch the thermostat.
We're thrifty like that...



Preferring more economical ways to warm up.



I find it does the trick.



I must brave the elements and leave my cozy abode to replenish our supplies. Phil will be most appreciative as hot dinners have been lacking around here. A lot of this to do. And I have enjoyed it.



A trip to Sprout's is in order, healthy goodness to buy and meals to cook. I think today calls for a hot & hearty pot of Chicken & Dumplings. Then there are gingerbread men to bake and decorate with the youth.

It is more than drizzling now; I may need another cup to go.

3 comments:

Marrdy said...

Oh my, your to do list makes me tired. Maybe you can survive on butter (magarine?).

Marilyn said...

Your refrigerator looks like mine! I hate to grocery shop because then you have to cook it. It's a never ending cycle. Stop the madness!

Kelly said...

I like your view. Decorating the tree will make you happy. Wish I had room for a tree that big. My little 4-foot pre-lit number does not do my Christmas desires justice.