Wednesday, October 22, 2008

(Mostly) Mindless Musings



Wednesday morning. Pumpkin pancakes made and devoured (I'll post the recipe soon), dishes washed and semi-put away, Phil & I sitting at our respective laptops clicking away; this is a common scene. He, of course, is very busy and productive coding for his latest work project as he waits out the morning traffic before he heads far away to north Scottsdale. I, on the other hand, am not very busy nor productive, catching up on fellow reader's posts, checking emails, trying to think of something to say for my own blog. This is all I've got.

My agenda includes:
  • Exercise, since I ate one too many pumpkin pancakes (they were good!)
  • Shower and dress for work.
  • Meet co-workers at the Olive Garden for a birthday lunch. Try not to eat too many bread sticks.
  • Go to the office to see my patients; scale, polish and rinse away. Throw some education in there that will promptly be ignored and/or in one ear out the other.
  • Return home, what's for dinner? Maybe chicken and spaghetti squash...
  • Wait for Phil, eat, read scriptures, bed for me and more work for him.
  • Repeat.
That's life around here. I am enjoying my part-time work status with my weekends full of photography and church duties while Phil is coding his little heart out 24/7 trying to make his deadline. He literally codes at least 12 hours a day. This is a glimpse of my life to come. Med school will soon consume us both. That is good and bad, but mostly good. Good things to come with time and hard work. And patience, lots of patience.

P.S. On the way out this morning, Phil grabs his keys, badge and sunglasses. "Something stinks over here." "Must be the trash, I'll take it out" I say. He leaves. I go to investigate.

The stink is from Mr. Phil himself. He left his lunch out all night and the contents included beans. We all know what happens to beans. Ultimate stink! Being the kind wife I am, I consider leaving it for him to take care of when he returns home. Alas, I do not. Because I am a kind wife. But I did call him to inform him of the stink and of my great sacrifice.

10 comments:

Marisa said...

HEHE... I love the randomness. It makes for the best reads.

Christi said...

Ha ha, I would have left it out for my hubby!! Too funny! Can't wait for pumpkin pancakes, those are my FAVORITE!!!

Renee said...

I love your random blogs, it makes me really think I should do such blogs. Hey do you know what you guys are doing for New beginnings yet? I am just trying to get my act together. let me what you are doing. I need all of the help I can get. momudall@yahoo.com email me please!!!!

Marrdy said...

Still think you should write us all a book so we can read your randomness for 500 pages! Love your pictures too.

Loree said...

heather, i would have tossed the old noxious gas beans! not even bothered washing the container. I have been bombed with horrible leftover smells too many times! so to the garbage man goes these kinds of discoveries. but if you are trying to salvage the container, hold your breath for as long as you can!!!

Nate and Lori said...

First of all...I noticed on Picky Palate that you won a prize. I was so excited because I actually knew someone who won.

2nd of all, hooray for your part time status. I'm actually trying to do my own little photography buisness too. Did you take any classes? I have a nice camera and I get asked to take pictures so often that I really should just charge. usually I just let everyone have it for free and my husband gets so irritated. Anyways...maybe one of these years I'll copy you and break away from the world of plaque.

Anonymous said...

Funny post...you are a nice wife...can't wait of your Pumpkin Pancake Recipe!

Taryn and Sterling said...

What a good wife you are! I have cleaned out many nasty tupperware from my darling husband. Not to mention the milk he left in a reusable water bottle, I never could get the smell out of that one! It has since been retired.

Cortney said...

You will be proud of me...I sat down the other day and made a two week menu for dinner and am going to get the goods today at the store for the big venture! Wish me luck!

Miss Niss said...

i dont think i could have handled the smell! i'd of had to leave it for nathan to clean up! ha!