I have attempted this before. And failed. Miserably.
Hi. My name is Heather and I am addicted to sugar. I love it. I crave it. I eat my midday and evening meals and feel an instant need for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. This is a problem.
In effort to kick my habit to the curb I am hereby abstaining from it's sweet seductive and intoxicating hold starting today. Right now. Right. Now. At this moment, this morning... Um, maybe this evening after my last hurrah. Everyone should have a last hurrah, right? Just one more cookie, cake, ice cream, chocolate, etc. one more rendezvous with the ones that I hold dear.
I can do this. I can be strong. I am greater than my weakness. I am in control. The first few days are the hardest. It will get better, easier. Okay, here goes nothing.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
good luck heather! I need to jump onboard and control my sweet tooth. but i think i will just kick butt on the bike everday and love every bite of whatever sugary morsel comes my way! although if i do that i will always remain the same. a sugar addict. Let me know how you do. maybe you can be my inspiration :)
Heather you are hilarious... you look awesome, and yet still feel the need to shy away from the best things in life. Why dont you try just cutting back? Or maybe I should encourage you to do something there is no WAY I could ever do. Go Heather!
Totally know where you are coming from. Cutting back is not an option because once I start...I don't stop. So abstinence is easier than moderation. I decided to abstain from all sweets about 2 1/2 months ago and I am happy to report that it gets easier and that I am doing great! I finally feel like I'm in control. Now, have I had a treat since then? Yes, for my birthday, I did. But, I set up a plan that if I ate sweets, I would have to walk a mile, which I've faithfully adhered to. So there you go...that's my consequence and so far it is working beautifully! Also, I find that eating fruit really helps to keep my cravings under control. I have like 4 servings a day! Good luck and keep us posted!
You are so funny Heather! You know what I found out? If I totally abstain from eating ANY sugar, my body craves it like crazy!! So I actually let myself have some every so often. If I don't get any at all, I will completely binge! But that's just me... Good luck with it!
Zach and I are starting that goal too! We also are not going to eat out all month! We are working on flatter tummy's for our Mexico trip in October! GOOD LUCK!
Good luck and when you find out what works for you pass that info onto me. Maybe it will work for the both of us.
You totally can do it!!! The key is plenty of sugar free snacks. One of my personal favorites are the Baskin Robbins brand Mint CHocolate CHip Hard Candie totally sugar free...you either find them in the candy isle or with the health foods. They are great and help out a lot when you just need sugar. I also love sugar free popsicles, FUZE slenderize drinks, and basically anything else that is sugar free. Good luck! I've been on it for a month now (well except my birthday)
Good for you. I am an addict as well. I wish I could give it up, but I am not that strong.
Hey, I was hoping you could do me a favor.. Melissa sent me an invite to her blog, but it isnt working and I lost her email address. Could ask her to resend one to me? You rock!
I have the same problem! I have tried many times to cut it out completely but it makes me want it more. What I did while I was pregnant was to eat sugar twice a week and if I did it for a whole month I treated myself to a massage at massage envy or pedicure. It worked because I had a good reward.
I did that for just one day shy of a month. It was hard for the first three days, but became very easy. I will have a candy bar, cookie, piece of pie, ice cream or something sweet every now and then, but I don't crave it everyday now. I say go for it and good luck and just stick to it. You can do it.
Ha, ha, as I read your blog I was just sitting here eating some ice cream! I have to admit, I've been getting worse lately about eating sweets. I think I need to jump aboard with you and do better. I have done this in the past and it does get easier after a few days...it's just getting through them. Good luck!
Hey Heather. O.k. so I haven't been to the dentist for 5 years because we don't have dental insurance and frankly I'm scared crapless of going. So, I've bitten the bullet and need to get in to see someone soon. No pain anywhere I'm just scared of what's in there. So, where do you work so I can come see you. I'm kind of scared.
Thanks,
Leslie
P.S. Will you be gentle?
Oh, you can e-mail me at blbigler.yahoo.com
Sorry, it's blbigler@yahoo.com. Brain fart. O.K. I'm done
Hey Heather
Thanks for all of your sweet comments! You are too sweet. Yes that was Downtown Mesa....I just love shooting down there....Come with me some time and I will show you my favorite spots! Good luck with the sugar....I love love love sugar~and it shows! HA!
youre not the only one. I am not even willing to give it up to lose weight. I have come to the realization that I am who I am and I will probably be fat forever.
Post a Comment