First off, Phil started work-yes, EMPLOYMENT!-yesterday. We awoke at 5:30 together, puttered around getting ready, ate a hearty breakfast: me, vanilla yogurt with fresh mango, strawberry and some granola and Phil had his usual sourdough french toast. Kisses and good day wishes then we went to our respective, matching Nissan Sentras and pulled out of the garage at 6:36am.
He is happy with the company, his delightful, colorful white box that he calls "home" and the people he will work with on a daily basis. Good times, folks. I, on the other hand find myself with lots of time. This week, for instance, I worked yesterday-9 hours, then will fill in for 3 hours for a UTI afflicted fellow hygienist this afternoon and then Wednesday, my usual day, bit the dust = free day. Dang. No calls yet from the temp agency...
Yesterday for FHE, we reviewed our new financial situation with Phil working and my not-so much working. We are trying to devise the best plan of action for relinquishing our existing student loans, paying for future children and the means to get them, financing my hopeful extended education of NAU, blah, blah, blah and all the while saving as much as humanly possible for the rainy days ahead, aka poor, poor students.
Somethings more than likely gotta give, but we are perfectionists striving for extreme goal achievement, probably stretching ourselves thin. (I've been known to do this.)
Anything new with you?
PS: New recipes always being posted, head on over, try them and comment how they worked for you.
6 comments:
Heather you are amazing! Reading your firing post I drifted back oh, 4 years ago when...maybe we shouldn't talk about it. I love your new site! I shall visit it often, where do you find the brain power to do all that you do? And yeah for excercising! Remember when we'd brave the early morning and walk? I think we only did it like what, 3 times.
Yes, Heidi, those were good times. We tried the walking thing and probably cancelled more often than walked, I hated calling your house at 5:30am. And yeah, just a bit bitter still about the "other" event 4 years ago. Dang dentists.
Hi Heather...thanks for the well wishes at Disneyland.
I met Morgan through Dustin. They were in a singles ward together and were friends. I instantly liked her. She seemed very REAL, and that is what I am all about! That is why I love you to death!
Seriously, you are awesome... I feel very unproductive and lazy when I read your posts! Things will get better :) I find they always do... My favorite quote of all time is: Faith is not knowing that God can, it is knowing that he will. It sounds like you have that area pretty covered :)
I'm glad Phil likes his job. You guys are going to be just fine as students. If we can do it, so can you! About grandma's cookies... they belong to "A" grandma, I'm sure... but not ours.
If you are still looking for a method of budgeting now and for the future, I have a system/program that my dad developed for himself back when it was all pencil and paper. We transferred that to an ultra simple excel sheet that has changed our life, and the lives of several friends. If you are interested in it let me know. We can give you a little orientation course. I also make the best chile verde pork. hint hint.
Chad and Emily
Post a Comment