Monday, April 21, 2008

Neighborly ♥

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best neighbor? I do. It's true.

I was busily and noisily making dinner tonight when the doorbell rang. I barely heard the chime through all the ruckus I was making over the stove (plus I had the fan on, that will drown things out for sure). I heard Phil's voice rumbling but couldn't make out the conversation, it was a quick one though. He closed the door, I turned off the fan and he came through the kitchen marvelling at the exchange at the front door.

He rounded the corner and I caught a whiff of the most intoxicating scent. A huge gorgeous bouquet of flowers with beautiful pink lilies dropping their heady fragrance.

My sweet neighbor Kendra is so thoughtful, so kind, so good to us. We haven't seen each other regularly for quite some time due to conflicting schedules encompassing crazy work, travels and just life. But still she remembered Camden's birthday this week. 2 years after the fact. She remembered and it means so much to us that she took time out of her day, out of her life, to show her love and support for our family.

She does this a lot, my neighbor. She brought me white roses on my first Mother's Day just 2 weeks after Camden's birth and subsequent death. She took me out for brunch for my birthday one year. She has an amazing memory. She brings treats, salsa and friendship regularly and we love her and her family. Thank you Whittaker's. Everyone needs neighbors like you.

12 comments:

Kim & Max Willis family said...

that is the best! you do have amazing neighbors!!

Miss Niss said...

what awesome neighbors...we'll be thinking of you this week :)

Katie said...

What sweet wonderful neighbors! Beautiful flowers too!

Kim said...

That is great that you have awesome neighbors! Jen and I were just talking yesterday that his birthday and passing was coming up. I will be thinking of you and hope that you have a great week.

The Kriloff Klan said...

That is so nice! Please email me (skloaf@hotmail.com) so that I can gove you my number so that I can fix that bracelet! You need to wear it, especially this week!
Jennifer

Verna said...

thank you for sharing Camden's life with us all( what a beautiful name)

Candace said...

What a blessing good friends/neighbors can be in our lives!! Happy 2nd birthday Camden!

Nate and Lori said...

Where do you live? I'd like good neighbors too. The flowers are beautiful and I hope that you are doing ok this week with everyting that has been going on.

Sherrilynn said...

How Sweet!

Renee said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful thing to do for you. Thank you for sharing Camden's life, you are blessed to have such great neighbors.

Mandi said...

Kendra Whittaker - I remember her and I just loved her! She is great and you are lucky to have her as a neighbor. What beautiful flowers and a sweet friend.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Happy second birthday Camden. I will be thinking of you today.
That is very thoughtful of your neighbor. She is a good friend.