Remember the happy post when Phil had a job?
Remember when I mentioned he had another job interview after he accepted a position with US Airways? Well, after working 4 days at US Airways he received a job offer with a company writing medical billing software and it paid more money, was closer to home, smaller company, etc. Sounds just peachy, right? It was.
Phil quit his job at US Airways and signed a contract with this happy little company and was set to get started as soon as the company and head hunter could settle the details regarding how much the head hunter would get paid for finding and placing Phil. So we wait, and wait some more. A week goes by. And then we hit a major snag.
The company is low on cash flow and can't afford the price the head hunter is asking, plus they were given two different fee quotes and lots of behind the scene details transpire, they don't help us. Phil is in jeopardy of losing this job and gets mad at the right people and they finally come to an agreement. Great, we still have a job.
Not so fast! Now the employer has a little problem with Phil going to medical school in the next 16-18 months. Phil was noble and honest and informed them up front that he was planning to attend and if they had a problem with that then to not extend a job offer to him. Apparently they didn't have a problem since they went through this whole mess with the head hunter. And now they are changing their minds. If Phil can't commit at least 2 years to the company then the deal is off.
So it is. That's how it ended. Phil has successfully secured 3 job offers and has declined 2 in favor of this "wonderful" job only to get burned in the end. Back to square one, almost 2 months wasted in job searching and countless interviews. Here we go again, wish us luck. And prayers won't hurt either!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Some people are so ridiculous, I am so sorry! What kind of job is he looking for? We are hiring! Amazing benefits and everything. Let me know if you are interested. We will keep you in our prayers.
I want to beat those guys! What idiots! Don Fuller, Attorney at Law on your side!!!
What a bummer! Hope that he finds something soon.
That sucks! I hope you all the best times are tuff right now.
Argh, that's so frustrating!
Sheesh!! What a stinkin' mess! Good luck!
Good luck to you and Phil...a better job opportunity will come up for sure!
I love how straight-forward you are. I would not be so calm in a situation like this! You are amazing. We will definitely pray for better opportunities and luck.
I hate companies! That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Hopefully it all happened for a reason and there's something amazing just around the corner. Good luck.
ugh! total bummer...hope you find something soon!
All I can do is sigh for you (well, I mean, right at this second. I can pray too...) ... and I hope you know that it's a sincere and sorrowful sigh.
Post a Comment