I like ♥ to make lists. It's just what I do. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I cross something off said list. I will even write it down if it wasn't originally on the list just so I can cross it off and bask in the glory of my organization and fulfillment. Really, I do.
I make lists of groceries, packing lists, YW to do lists, goals, bills, gifts, etc. The listing possibilities are truly endless.
Right now I am making a list of goals. A Five-Year Plan if you will. It's important to have a plan, at least you know you are working towards something substantial and with meaning. My list is as follows, in no particular order of accomplishment:
- Run a 5K, several if needs be
- Run a 10K
- Finish my degree at NAU
- Produce
23 healthy children, at least 2 here and 1 cookin' - Husband in medical school
- Pay off little school loans (med school is BIG)
- Have 6-12 months salary saved and safely tucked away
- Own this amazing camera to capture my family (trivial, perhaps not worthy of the 5 year list)
In the name of all productivity (and since I am not working and need to maximize this opportunity) here is my Today list:
- Clean office
- Fold all laundry
- Wash and then make bed
- Plan meals for week
- Plan YW lesson
- Relax
- Cook dinner
- Go for a run
What are your lists, dreams, goals?
BTW, already signed up for this 5K, anyone care to join me?

8 comments:
Heather, I also list something WHILE I am doing it so when I am done I can cross it off. To see the lines through everything makes me so excited! I feel accomplished and just great. Great lists!
what is it w/women and our lists??!!! i think its so funny, yet i do the same thing:)
how fun that your doing a 5k and a 10k is on your list!!!...maybe someday you can do a 1/2 marathon w/me:)
I am such a list person too! I make a list for just about everything. Most of the time if an item that wasn't on the grocery list ends up in my cart and I really needed it and forgot to add it I immediately add it to the list and then cross it off. So dumb, but I can't help it.
Those are some great goals...6-12 months salary saved??? All of that sounds fantastic!!
I'm a crazy list maker. I have lists and charts and graphs for everything you can think of. Want a baby chart that details which month you would have a baby if you got pregnant in a certain month and how long you would have been married? Yup I've got one. I think its a pre-req to being a hygienist though that you must be a list maker.
Heather...that comment above is from Lori...I'm on my brothers computer...sorry :)
Good, because I was going to do a quick search on who Joe was. Excited to have a new commenter but I don't know any Joes!
I am glad to know that I'm not the only freaky person in this world! I too love lists and will add things after they're done just to cross them off again -- oh the thrill of accomplishment! Thanks for making me feel like a more normal personal in my obsessive list-making. Oh, and I love your lists - and I don't think the camera is trivial because it will document the most memorable moments of your life -- definitely more memorable than shoveling out money for school loans.
I am such a list person as well...my sister always makes fun of me becaue I put the easiest things on my lists, but I love the feeling when I see things crossed off, so I totally can relate.
Post a Comment