Saturday, January 19, 2008

Spotlight!

My dearest cousin Krystal posted about me this past week but since she has a private blog no one can see it! I commented to her that her payback isn't as sweet due to this minor detail but in the name of fairness I am stealing her post for you all to revel in how awesome I was when I was younger. Please don't feel bad if you weren't as trendy, didn't have the same fashion sense and incredible hair, not everyone can be as cool as we were. It's okay.

"I am dedicating this post to my beautiful,amazing, talented, cousin Heather in hopes that she won't kill me for sharing these pictures with all of you. Awhile back Heather posted a not so attractive picture of me on her blog and I threatened to get back at her. That sent me into a wild search for some equally not as attractive pictures of her. I suddenly realized that I had no unattractive pictures of her...just more of me. I will post them for the sole purpose of an interesting read, and remember Heather they are so much worse of me:)

Heather and I were born in the same month, June. Just 1 year and 14 days apart. Best cousins from day one, both of us blessed with an amazing sense of style.


Heather and I went to most of high school together, and did many high school things together. Dances, sports, spirit week...



We helped each other get ready for this dance. Remember the date with Trevor and John?

We helped each other get ready for this day of spirit week at school. (No, we did not go to school at a juvenile detention center; our school was under major construction, hence the fence and barbed wire.)



Heather and I both ended up going to the same Dental Hygiene school. Unfortunately not the same class. We still got to see each other a little.



Heather was a bridesmaid at my wedding. I wish I knew what they were talking about! This picture cracks me up!



I have so many good memories of growing up with Heather. Let me list a few of my favorite:
  • Endless games of Stratego, and Sweet Valley High
  • Sleep overs and Clean Slate
  • Walking each other home at night down the spookiest lane ever
  • Talking about high school drama, boys, and thinking our lives were so hard at the time
  • Huge waffles with peanut butter, syrup, and whipped cream
  • Eating everything covered with ranch dressing
  • Braces from Dr. Augat

Heather I love you! "
Krystal

6 comments:

Kelly said...

hey hey hey who are you talking with in that bottom picture?

that is too sweet. i love it!

Kim said...

How fun to have a post all about you! And from someone else. I also would love to know what you 3 were talking about in the last photo.

Nate and Lori said...

Krystal was so sweet to do such a fun spotlight. I think its great htat you guys have grown up together all of these years. And to both end up as hygienists is just perfect!

Candace said...

Cute post!! Those HS pics are of the Heather I remember!

That last pic with Cassie and Ashley is GREAT.

Heather said...

For the life of me I can't remember what I was telling my sweet cousins. From the look of it probably something incredibly dramatic of life-altering. I was the only one married at the time, so maybe some education was in session ;).

Krystal said...

That is exactly what I was thinking Heather. You always were the most "knowledgeable" of us all.