Monday, January 21, 2008

Food & Celebrations

Phil's birthday started with me rising at 5:30am to make a fabulous breakfast consisting of Orange Vanilla French Toast with Raspberry Orange Syrup, Crisp Bacon and freshly squeezed orange juice. Breakfast in bed of course! (PS, don't tell Phil this picture of him is up, he forbade it, seeing it was 6 in the morning and such. Shhhh! I am being inherently disobedient)



Dinner that evening was a Manly burger I found from HERE. Thank you Picky Palate for the pic and a wonderful burger.


Then this weekend I made a most scrumptious Mint Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Cake. You can get the recipe HERE. We offered to share it with some family and they in turn invited us to dinner Sunday evening. Yummy tacos and guacamole, they had a spread!

Phil took the honors of donning 30 white candles to his cake and lighting them while we serenaded in traditional birthday manner.

(See him blow out the flame thrower- I mean 30!!! Candles)



After taste buds and tummies were properly satiated and children were tucked into bed a little Rock Band ensued and Reed & Phil jammed.


And where was I? Watching these rockin' buns.



It was GOOD.

11 comments:

brook said...

Looks like fun! Happy birthday Phil- whoooooo the big 3-0!! :-)

Brooke

Krystal said...

Ok Heather you have to stop making the rest of us look bad:) Wow breakfast in bed, looks yummy!

Marisa said...

That breakfast looks amazing!! Especially at 9:30 in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Dang Girl! I wish it was my birthday and my buns you were watchin'! jk
Rock Band is fun! Who is better, Phil or Reed?

Unknown said...

I hope he recieved the "gift" he really wanted for his birthday! :)
Sounds like you guys had fun. Oh, I miss everyone!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That cake looks so good. Well everything looks so good. Glad that you guys had fun on Phil's b-day!

Unknown said...

Love when Ben doesn't log out and I leave a comment somewhere. P.S this is Kim

Andrea Gunnell said...

Sounds like fun! Happy Birthday Phil!

Nate and Lori said...

Seriously...how do you have the time to do all of this cooking and work full time? Oh thats right you got up at 5am. You're amazing! And like Krystal said...you're making the rest of us look bad because I can't use the excuse of working full time anymore.

The Hann Family said...

Looks like you made sure Phil had a special day!

Kristi said...

Yum! My birthday is Jan 1 - put it on your calendar for next year (hint, hint)! :-)