Saturday, January 26, 2008

Over!

Yesterday Phil took the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). It is an extremely grueling and difficult test in all aspects of the physical and biological sciences as well as verbal reasoning and writing skills. Phil has prepared diligently and tirelessly for the past 4-5 months.

I dropped him of at ASU early morning and picked him up 5 hours later. He reported that it was harder than any of his practice tests but yet he felt calm, cool and collected. He immersed himself in the test and I believe he did well. We won't know for 4 weeks the test results. If he scores well we will start the application process for medical schools. I am so proud of Phil and the dedication and effort he has applied.

So after 5 months of study and one crazy 5 hour test what does Phil do when he gets home? He mows the lawn. Go figure.

Next step: EMPLOYMENT! (yay!-anyone hiring out there?)

11 comments:

Krystal said...

Hooray Phil! That is so great! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Kim said...

That is awesome. I can't wait to hear the score. I will see you this Friday!!

Mandi said...

Good luck on that score! I'm sure he did fine if he felt so calm about it. Oh, and I never noticed that picture of you two on your sidebar before, but you look so pretty in it. Can't wait to hear the score and where you'll be going to school. My brother-in-law is in Des Moines in med school right now.

Nate and Lori said...

What a relief to have that over!!! I know how excited when Nate finished the DAT. For some reason, I take on all of my husbands stress and its almost as bad as if I were taking the test myself. I'm sure that you are probably the same way. Where are you guys thinking of applying?

Heather said...

Where we end up totally depends on the score. Beggers can't be choosers, you know. And we are not ashamed of begging.

Kristi said...

Fingers are crossed! And Max's eyes too...

Miss Niss said...

4 weeks??!! who can wait that long to find out??!! :)
i'm sure you did great Phil!!!

Heidi Ann said...

He's definitely a guy! I would have driven straight to Neilsens, then to the mall, and topped it off with an hour massage. Mowing the lawn... I'm speachless.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Congratulations. It's such a relief to complete that test after months of studying. I'm so happy to hear that he felt calm when he was finished. Now the waiting game. Hopefully you can continue to feel that same calmness as you wait to find out the score. Good luck on the job hunt!

Candace said...

WHEW! It sure is a relief to have those silly tests over with; I SINCERELY hope he just ROCKED that test and is so pleased with his score. Waiting stinks, that's for sure. Sending good vibes your way!!!

Dents said...

Man, good job Phil, what an accomplishment!