Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

My mom just left a message that President Hinckley has passed away this evening. To say that he will be sorely missed is an understatement. He was the Prophet of my generation and I am just sad. But this is good news, he has served well, far beyond any man and will now join his sweet wife Marjorie.

Here is a story confirming via the LDS website and go here for a lovely tribute.

3 comments:

Kim said...

This is so sad! I am glad that he was able to return home and be with his wife again. He will be missed, but I look forward to finding out who will be the next one.

Marisa said...

I also think of him as the prophet of my generation... I loved hearing him speak and I had quotes of him all over the house. He will be missed, but to think of how happy he was when he saw his wife again, makes me happy.

Mandi said...

I think everyone's first thought upon hearing the news was how sweet that reunion with Sister Hinckley was. I will miss him dearly, but am happy that he's able to rest and be with his wife now.