Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Early Years

2002 we start life together. Living it up in a 600 square foot apartment. 2 months after we are married your sister Allison (who did my hair) and I decide to go "natural". I am convinced this was not my natural brown, I am not blessed with deep rich dark chocolate locks she gave me but below is the result. As I walk into the temple for Stephanie's wedding I hear your mom audibly gasp and see Allison smack her arm. It was drastic and I haven't done anything like it since. Below is our first Married Family Photo which you grumbled about taking.

9 months after we marry...no we did not have a baby, we bought a house. A real upgrade! 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a whole spacious 1100 square feet to ourselves. We didn't care, it had it's own walls and a garage. I can't find the pics of this house but at least I have proof that we shared household duties. We stayed in this house for about 2 years.

Next family photo in 2003 I am blonde and short. I loved it. You are still handsome and working for PDS. You move to greener pastures and more green for a job in Phoenix with Merchant's Info Solutions. I still work in the dental field having finished all my pre-reqs to get into hygiene school. I am a master planner and finished all the requirements in one year and get put on the waiting list for one year. I get fired for the first time in my life for "business reasons". Bull-honkey! I believe because I got accepted into hygiene school. Still don't know the real reason. But I am not bitter! I float around in various offices temping and spend some time at Bed Bath & Beyond. To this day I have the urge to organize their merchandise when I shop but I am getting better.

In our spare time we fly across the world to visit friends and your mission in Germany. We go over Christmas holiday and enjoy every cold minute of it. We walk and walk all over Berlin and the north country. We see amazing architecture, beautiful countryside and I brave new foods.



We are still in love and working together towards our goals of higher education. You finish classes at the community college level and get accepted to ASU's Business College focusing on Computer Information Systems. The education marathon begins.


2004 brings another family photo-mom without you I don't think we would be this diligent.
I start at Rio Salado's School of Dental Hygiene, Class of 2005. 15 months of stress, studies, clinical work, nasty mouths, more stress and thousands of dollars mold me into a Registered Dental Hygienist. You graciously (looking back now stupidly) slow down your schooling to pay the bills and work hard at what you do.



Next: 2005-2007 The Refiner's Fire

7 comments:

Krystal said...

You look Awesome in red. I don't know why I am commenting anything since I decided to never talk to you again after you posted those lovely pictures of me as one of your bridesmaids. You can look forward to some amazing pictures of you on my blog in the near future.Just kidding.

Crissybug said...

I am so loving reading about you and Phil. I am jealous that you are so good at getting family pictures taken. You may grumble about it now, but when you look back you will be thankful that you did. I am looking forward to reading more. I know for this next entry I am going to need kleenex!

Miss Niss said...

I still remember when I was preg with Abby and you went walking with me..and you were all freaking out because your period was late!!!
weren't those just wonderful apartments???!!!! i especially loved the ugly brown carpet they had!!!

Kelly said...

Your stories give me little chills! I love it! And good on your mom for being diligent about the picture taking. You two are a dream come true.

Nate and Lori said...

I love reading about you guys! Maybe once you're burnt out of hygiene (as I am) you can become a journalist. You guys are so cute though! Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

Nate and Lori said...

Oh, and I absolutley loved the pics of Krystal...

Kim said...

Love it all again. I am so glad to see you last night. I can't wait for next month but maybe we should get together and go and see Kristi.