Saturday, January 12, 2008

Are you informed?

Are you keeping up on the political happenings this year? I have watched every Republican debate and am trying to make an informed decision on who will make the cut for me. It is so important to take advantage of the freedom we have to participate in elections. We can make a difference! Every vote counts. So if you haven't been paying attention it is time to sit up and take notice. Quit slacking! Get registered and get informed!

**February 5th is our state's primary. BE there.

(Quietly stepping off soap box and regular blogging topics to resume)

7 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

You are too funny! Ryan is soooo into politics it kills me because I could care less, but I am glad he is around to keep me informed. He would be proud of this post!

Krystal said...

Good for you! I am better about it now that I am married to Byron. It really is important. I will go out and vote but I can't handle watching the debates:)

Nate and Lori said...

Thanks for the push! I usually am all over polotics bue really haven't gotten into it this year. ANd being so close to Washington, its all my patients want to talk about. I really need to start researching!

Kim said...

I haven't been paying that close attention. I will have to start.

Brian and Janette said...

Heather,

I stumbled upon your blog from Laurie's, and I have to say...it keeps me quite entertained. It's good to hear how awesome you are doing...you are an amazing person. Anyway, I have to say that I am totally with you on the whole politics thing. Hughhewitt.com is a daily read for me. It's been fun being more involved this year. Brian and I read together and that makes it more interesting. Anyway, rest assured...we'll be voting!
Janette
PS check our blog out sometime...the2skinnys.blogspot.com

Marisa said...

Thanks for reminding us! I am suck a slacker, and never watch the debates. I try to hear as much as possible, but I really need to be more informed. Thanks for the reminder!

Mandi said...

I am as passionate as you about the subject. It's very important and once you actually pay attention, it's also quite interesting. Have you ever watched Glenn Beck on CNN? I can't watch him everyday because, well, you'll know why if you watch him. But he's always got interesting points of view. Anyway - I will be voting on Feb. 5. In fact, last Monday was the last day to get your registration post-marked for that date and I suddenly realized in my move this year, we switched counties and I had to run around from the post office to town hall and back to the post office again to get Nate and I registered.