Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rock On

Tuesday night was mutual and we headed out to the Red Mountain Multigenerational Center to the rock wall. 3 brave Laurels attended Sis. Dent and myself. Brave because I was the belayer, their safety. Since I was certified and hadn't gone back to practice, I needed a refresher course from the not so helpful worker (for lack of a better word). She quickly ran through the figure 8 knot, gri gri and caribiner. Right, I know exactly what I am doing. (internal surge of confidence, false bravado for the girls)





First up is Miss Kara, see her excitement. Myself in the background with afore mentioned "helpful" worker girl.
Gotta love the harness.

Intense concentration. I think I can, I think I can. Sheesh! Who let me be the responsible one??


Ashley & her ever capable belayer. I really did remember and after the first one (sorry Kara) I improved.










Brittany conquering her fear of heights. Go Brittany! Look how high she is.







Rebecca, our official photographer of the evening. I am sure I am breaking one of the cardinal rules in our friendship contract by posting a pic but...it's a small one & thanks for being a good sport! I think she is beautiful and am grateful she is more than my Laurel adviser, she is also my friend and a good one at that! Thanks Bec!









Belaying like a Pro!





Success! Safe and sound, sore fingers and arms but we sure had fun. You Laurels Rock!




2 comments:

Kim said...

Look at you skinny girl. Looks like you had fun.

Candace said...

WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!! I'll bet those girls just ADORE you!