Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Obsessed and Posessed

For the past 5 days I have been absorbed in reading the Stephenie Meyer's vampire love saga. I am way behind the times I know, but I think of how nice it was to devour all three books in succession. I didn'thave to wait to satisfy my appetite for more! But now I want more.

I loved, loved, loved the series and the final book has left me hanging. Probably be another year before the 4th comes out and by that time I will need to reread. Sigh, my infatuation has come to an end and I must resurface to reality. Poor Phil. Whenever I read I do so with all I've got. Everything is on hold, including my husband. Good thing I don't have any children to neglect, just household duties, YW duties, wifely duties...but no worries, I have returned. Phil has officially put me on a "no more books for you" sentence. At least for a month he says. Sorry Babe, I am back. (And really, I didn't shirk too many duties)

P.S.- For those of you obsessed like I am, I found a link that has a rough draft chapter of the first book from Edward's point of view. (Yes, I actually took time to google info looking for more, pathetic I know) http://stepheniemeyer.com/othernovels.html Click on Midnight Sun

7 comments:

Kim said...

Well I have had Twilight for over a year and still have not finished it. I just started to reread Twilight and can't wait until I pass the part where I stopped last. Did I ever tell you that the author is Bens second cousin. Well I better get back to reading so that I can be on the same page as everyone else about this book.

Byron Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal said...

So I am a total nerd about the books too. I have to admit that I found the rough draft for Edward also. I was crushed when I found out that book four doesn't come out until next fall!! What am I going to do with my self. I don't want to offend any Edward lovers but I am totally pulling for Jacob!
p.s. I was the one who deleted the comment above. I was signed in as Byron and I didn't want anyone to think he sounded like a girl:)

Heather said...

lol Krystal! I think ultimately I am rooting for Jacob too, but Edward still is in the running. To not make this a complete fan post she would be better off with Jacob. Okay, that's the end, no more gushing, go read the books if you haven't.

Kelly said...

ooh, that's me too when i find a great book. ... luckily my husband is invested in harry potter right now. ... i'll confess, i bought it for him so i could read, too. ... i've read 2 full books while he is still on this one. and i'm half way through another. i love it! but when school starts back for him, on monday, i know i'll have tons of time to read and not even want to because he'll be somewhere else doing some homework-ish thing and not reading for fun like me. i'm weird like that.

that series looks intriguing. i know a couple people who read it. ... i may have to look into those. Ü

thanks for giving ME aother blog to stalk. hehehe
kelly

Kim said...

I just wanted to say that you need to delete some of you comments on here. I was reading them and for someone who has not finished all 3 books you have said some things that spoiled it. Thanks alot. I will comtinue to read them so I know how everything happens but i just wanted to say "you stink!" I am not really mad but next time try not to spill the beans. I still love ya!

Candace said...

I've heard a lot of good things about these books...yes, I'm behind the times too. I need to get my hands on them!

Heather, thanks for taking a "leap of faith" by signing into my blog! I guess it only comes up with "The Evans Family" so I can see why you were a little lost. :) I found your blog when I was browsing AZ blogs. I was SO excited to read all about your beautiful life!

The reason I'm in Silver City, NM is because my husband transferred from EAC (so original, I know, to hook up at EA. :) to the university that is here (Western New Mexico University). EAC and WNMU have a deal where EAC transfer students get in-state tuition, SO being that all the AZ universities were about $800 MORE, plus we like the small town atmosphere, we came here! We really like it. Even though we REALLY, REALLY want to get into dental school this year (this is our THIRD time applying...NUTS!) it will still be hard to leave.

So I told my mom that I had "discovered" your fun blog and we were both trying to wrack our brains in remembering your maiden name!! It's driving me nuts! And I totally remember your mom, Renee, and your sister, Vanessa, and I know you are a Fenn cousin! Help me out?!

It was so fun to find you. I will definitely be one of your blog readers! Take care!