Three friends brought together in extreme circumstances come together again to discuss life's happenings. Kristol & Janine were my carpool buddies and lifeboats in hygiene school. Super fun they are. We met today for lunch at the Egg & I, very good eats. I had the Lobsta Melt. Succulent pieces of prime lobster meat, fresh creamy avocado held together on grilled sourdough with melted white cheese. Divinely delicious! I inhaled it before I stopped to consider a photo op, sorry. Just use your imagination.
We sat together in a booth for an hour and a half catching up, swapping hygiene war stories, the related work induced aches and pains and sharing the current quandaries of life. One has recently remarried and together she and her new hubby have 10 kids. Her oldest is off the beaten path and has not found the paved road back again. The other friend has 3 kids-one 7 months old. Her husband is an Italian immigrant who recently found that he really does not have immigration status, was almost deported and most assuredly cannot obtain employment with his background and no SS#. Strapped for cash she is left to support the family when she would much rather take care of the kids at home.
My problems always pale in comparison. I live quite the rosy life. We all have complications and hiccups along the way but they only make us more determined and strong once we emerge from the storm. I am grateful that I have Phil by my side ever supportive through my storms. Sometimes the storm involves him but we always unite in the end. As long as you have loved ones to help you weather the storm then what else matters?
2 comments:
wow, that is so crazy and sad! it sure made me just re-evaluate my complaints in life. i have a great life compared...
I definitely agree with you. Having loved ones makes going through hard times manageable. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Post a Comment