Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My 30th Birthday

Thirty! Back in June I turned another decade older. Sheesh. Hopefully I am a bit wiser but like most birthdays I still feel the same as always. I have noticed as I am getting older that my face is getting more fine wrinkles and I am getting a "mommy frown" line between my brows that I am not happy about. Clearly I need to work on that. Or see a dermatologist!

The day of my birthday was really busy. Phil was working in the ER that month and I believe we both worked that day, I know I did. So a full day at work with a nice birthday lunch with the office, then I came home to find the sweetest cake that Kara and the kids made for me. I am sure the kids just loved helping because as soon as I walked in the door they assaulted me with their enthusiasm and news of cake. It was cute. Kara was already gone since Phil arrived home first to relieve her. Thanks Kara!

We decided on an impromptu and rare dinner out as a family and after some driving around we settled on Fuddrucker's for a burger. It was a great choice for our family since the kids were crazy and we didn't have to worry too much about their boisterous nature. Phil and I wolfed down our burgers amid the demands of three kids hopped up on soda and then we went back to our van. We had to eat quickly since I had mutual to attend that evening. Once in the car we received the horrible text from a friend that their son had a drowning accident and was in the hospital. Phil and I were devastated for them and their family stayed on our minds and hearts the rest of that week. He has since made a miraculous recovery and is just as he was before, a healthy, lovely 3 year old.

We returned home to do cake for the kids. I took a bite or two and rushed off to mutual.

   photo Juneiphone_0004_zps124735fe.jpg 

 We had a really good activity focusing on the Savior and virtue and at the end the sweet girls and leaders surprised me with cupcakes. It was such a busy day but full of thoughtful texts and messages of love from family and friends. And with the busyness of our life it was as good as it was going to get! Here's to 30!

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Yay for 30!!! Your life does sound pretty busy. Glad you were able to squeeze in a tiny bit of celebration. And glad that your little friend is ok. What a miracle.

AZ Larsens said...

Okay I do NOT see any lines on your face!

And by the way, you looked fabulous on Sunday. I loved that dress you were wearing. So cute!

Julie said...

Seriously our news was such a downer on your birthday! But I'm so glad you had a wonderful day and wish I was there to celebrate! Love you dear friend!