Tuesday, August 6, 2013

4th of July 2013

We kept it very low-key and last minute this year. Seems like everyone else had plans or was out of town and we were on our own. Luckily our friends Brent and Terina were home and were willing to join us for some last minute fun. We swam and BBQ'd at the pool and then came home for some toddler friendly fireworks courtesy of the Maldonado's. I didn't want to keep our kids up until 10 to sit in the heat and they don't know any better so this was perfect for them.
   photo July_0050_zpsd6054085.jpg

The following pictures are pretty much the same but I love the evolution of Rhett's face in them. He goes from apprehension to pure amazement.
   photo July_0056_zpsc02f2dd8.jpg photo July_0057_zps71c607b1.jpg  photo July_0059_zpse5d65ab5.jpg  photo July_0060_zps33eb445c.jpg

The night ended with sparklers and hovering parents.
   photo July_0061_zps04eac19b.jpg

During the evening I looked over to see Rhett and Maizy sitting near the porch. Maizy was just minding her own, busy eating rocks. I love how Rhett recognizes that she is smaller than him, he sat down next to her and started tickling her legs.
   photo July_0052_zpsa849e025.jpg photo July_0051_zps95635d38.jpg  photo July_0055_zps011ea054.jpg

Haha! And clearly Maizy has her priorities down. Rocks! Cute kids. It was a simple and fun evening.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Rhett's going to be such a great big brother :)