But let's power through this...
Brief recap of the past month:
Phil finished his 3rd year of medical school and is officially a senior! Wahoo! We are slowly inching closer to the graduation milestone. This time next year he will be Dr. Gunnell, we will have matched into a residency (fingers crossed!) and on our way to the next phase of training. Phil has settled on psychiatry and that will be a 4-year residency. We are excited about his decision and feel it will give us the best work-life balance that he is presently working his tail off for.
I am still working with Dr. Dickerson, one day/week and have been picking up temp jobs here and there for a few offices that call me. It works out well and it is a nice break from the kids. But on the weeks that I work 3 days I am always glad to just stay home and be a mom. Props to full-time working mamas!
*******
I just wasted an hour perusing other blogs, checking Facebook and generally wasting time. Meh. I'm not feeling it right now. Heading to bed.
2 comments:
Oh wow, psychiatry! How exciting! I worked with a lot of psychiatrists (used to be a case manager for seriously mentally ill here in AZ) and I think he'll be a great one. So cool!
One more year!!! I know that's not the end but it is still really great to get through the studying and boards portion of school!! And I hear you in working 3 days a week...that's nuts!! It's so hard to work when you have kids. I'm glad you blogged. I have missed reading about your life!
Post a Comment