Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rhett: 18 Months

Rhett went ahead and grew up a bit. He turned 18 months end of March and continues to grow and amaze us. He talks very well in my opinion, a lot more than Max and Kate did at this age, and I know that is due to the little teachers he has around him constantly  He is a parrot and spouts off words as soon as he hears them. He continues to mimic tone and pitch with words and sound with amazing accuracy, screams included.

 photo April_0025_zpsbe218acc.jpg

He loves to be outside, ride cars with Max and Kate and putter around the yard. The kid LOVES water! Loves it! He is the last one out of the tub and has figured out how to turn on the faucet. With Max and Kate out of the bath he finally has free reign and he will spend as much time as I let him filling up his cups and dumping them out. When I finally pry him out he protests vehemently!

 photo April_0009_zps10bb1934.jpg

He loves to tease his siblings and is also tenderhearted. He now comes to me and reports when they are teasing him. "Mom! They teasing...". Seriously, he says that and it is crazy and hilarious to hear. He is very good at hollering out everyone's name, he calls out to our neighbors Kendra and Dylan. He calls me constantly, "Mom!, Mom!". When my parents were here visiting he loved calling out to his Papa and it was so darling the way he said it. Made Grandma a bit jealous. :-)

 photo April_0008_zpsdab539c0.jpg

He eats like a champ and tells me what he wants to eat all the time. "Mom! A apple..., I cereal, cracker, cookie..." My boyfriend knows what he wants.

He is busy and will generally keep himself entertained. He loves to color, read, play with toys, tag along with his brother and sister. He is constantly emptying my bathroom drawers, likes to get into the dishwasher and the trash-throwing anything and everything away.

 photo 18mos_zps180b376d.jpg

18 Month Stats:

Weight: 22 pounds 14 ounces: 10th%
Height: 32.25 inches: 44th%
Size 4 diaper, size 4 shoe, 12-18 mos clothes.

 photo iphoneapril_0040_zps1a90d7bc.jpg

The biggest change for Rhett was my hack job of a haircut. His hair is so fine and straight and there isn't any leeway for error when you trim/cut his hair. He was getting really long and bushy in the back so I got a wild hair and decided to just trim it up. Ahem...

Welp! My trim wasn't going so well and I kept taking off more and more trying to "fix" it. Finally the only choice was to use the clippers to even out the back. Phil had taken the main clipper set and all the guides with him out of town. All I had was a mini set with the longest guide being a 4. A 4 isn't very long...

Rhett went from this:

 photo iphonemarch_0132_zps6f2c273b.jpg

To this in a matter of minutes.

 photo iphonemarch_0128_zps953ead85.jpg

I was sad and frankly mortified to tell Phil. I knew he was going to kill me. I dreaded telling him but sucked it up and got it over with. I called him and he heard the trepidation and dread in my voice.
H: "I have to tell you something..."
P: "You did something to the truck?"
H: "Um, no. I cut Rhett's hair" (waiting for the backlash)

I sent him this picture, immediately after it went through Phil called me back and said "You have got to be kidding me!!". He was devastated! He loved his hair and so did I. Yes, he looked a little like Lloyd Christmas with the bowl cut and I loved it best when it was brushed to the side. We both went through a mourning period over the loss of his long hair. Phil has made me promise to never touch the boys hair again.

It's just hair, right?! It will grow back. For days afterward every time I got him out of his crib it would take me off guard. It also aged him by 10 years. He is now a boy. Sniff, sniff! But still a very handsome one.

Rhett is officially in nursery and has actually been going for over a month. To say he loves it is an understatement! He gladly walks through the door and doesn't look back. Lately I have been taking him out early because Max and Kate are being stinkers in Primary, he doesn't have any problems whatsoever and has fabulous leaders.

 photo Rhett18mosnursery_zps67211aa9.jpg

Sweet brown eyed boy.

 photo April_0030_zpsda81f086.jpg

Rhett, you are one of the best! We love you to pieces, don't ever grow up, got it?

 photo iphonemarch_0123_zpsa3f1453f.jpg

2 comments:

Click Clan said...

I LOVE his hair cut. I see so many people "nowadays" trying to leave their boys hair long and I dont like it. Boys look so much cuter, mature, etc when it is cut. I seriously think he look so much more handsome with the new do!!! GOOD JOB!!!!
your kids are adorable. I love that your parents are so willing to watch your kiddos. Mine do the same thing and it is such a blessing for parents with young kiddos. Allowing for much needed "love" time with the hubby!
Hope you are doing well!

Nate and Lori said...

I also love his new haircut, but as a mom, I get your feelings too since I felt the same way with Reese. I can't even stand that he is 18 mo. That just seems to have come out of nowhere. Now if you can just get the twins to cooperate for Sunbeans, you will have 2 hours all to yourself each week.