Monday, April 15, 2013

10 on 10: April 2013

One photo, every hour, for 10 hours, on the 10th day of the month.

I worked on the 10th and taking a photo every hour would be seriously redundant, I took a few shots at work and then a few at home in the evening. I certainly didn't make the required hourly photo but it is an accurate capture of my day.

I am lucky to work close to home and my "commute" is all of 7 minutes. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Bonus points for being able to return to this office after having Max and Kate and moving across the Valley for a few years. 

 photo 10on106am_zps537932bd.jpg

My first patient of the day is at 7 o'clock and the rest of the day follows in similar fashion: update medical history, take necessary radiographs, review and address patient needs, scale, polish, floss. Repeat 9 times.

 photo 10on107am_zpsa69f5850.jpg  photo iphonepics_0239_zps8fffdca8.jpg

Lunch is at 1pm but I finished early and was able to run an errand at Target and briefly peruse the spring offerings. Target is the devil, always tempting me. 

 photo 10on1012pm_zps51e30568.jpg

I finish work at 5 pm, return home, get the update from our fabulous babysitter Kara and then unwind a bit with the kids. Here they followed me into my room where I changed my work clothes and relaxed on the bed a bit. 

They are crazy.

 photo 10on10monkeys_zpse768b1b3.jpg  photo 10on105pm_zps68888e6b.jpg

A quiet capture with my girl. We have our struggles together but when I remember to slow down and love her she responds in kind.

 photo iphonepics_0263_zpsff302f1f.jpg 

We eat dinner, leftovers since I worked, and then head outside to burn off the rest of the day. It is a really nice night, cool in fact. The kids ride their cars, Phil edges the front and back yard and I visit with Kendra. 

We have a good life and we are continually reminded of that. We are enjoying our home, neighbors and friends. It is especially nice when Phil is home with us and when he isn't stressed about looming exams/pressures of school. I think it is more poignant now when we know that so much change is on the horizon

 photo 10on106pm_zps46af6c91.jpg 

It gets dark, we all head inside and the kids get a quick wash down and then we do the usual jammies and bed routine. I love those squishy buns.

 photo 10on108pm_zps2fc7030f.jpg

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love the buns too!! And that pic of your and your girl is precious..

Nate and Lori said...

Oh come on...no beautiful shot of you in all of your PPE garb?? HAHA. We all know how good we look in it anyways. Oh and I love your Target run at lunch. One of these days we will both be able to go in there and buy whatever we want. It just might be pretty far off.