
The original thought was that he would stay away the full month; so he could focus on studying. But after a few days he realized that he missed us too much. :) He came home a few weekends and one day he surprised us by coming home on a Wednesday night, he arrived at 8pm just before the kids went to bed and then left at 4am the next morning.
He did make it home on our anniversary too, which was a nice surprise. We stayed in but it was good to be together.

We kept in contact via FaceTime and I texted pictures of the kids. Thank goodness for technology! The kids were able to feel connected to their dad and show him things that were important to them, like new Buzz Lightyear socks. :)

Our dad works so hard for us. He is doing his very best in medical school and it is draining and stressful for us both. But we are very committed to one another, to our family and to our goals. We still have a long hard road ahead of us and many hurdles and hoops to jump through before we finally make it to to the other side.
6 comments:
I am crying. Not sure if its because I love you guys, completely relate to this post, or am experiencing pregnancy hormones ;)
Oh Lindsee you make me laugh and sad smile. :) probably because of all of the above minus the hormones for me! Thanks for being my dear friend.
Isn't is amazing how sometime it feels like we do it all by ourselves anyways, but then once they are gone you start to realize all of the little ways that having your husband around is so crucial, even just to have someone who understands exactly what you are going through. Im sorry this time is so tough. I can only imagine! We went through some hard times like these but I didn't have 3 kids to take care of either, and i'm giving you huge props!!! you will make it! The talk by Elder Holland about the little family stuck on the side of the road where he says " you just keep walking, there is joy & happiness ahead." (or something like that) comes to mind and is one of my faves for hard times. Hang in there!
You are amazing Heather! I totally feel for you. In hindsight it goes quickly, but not so much when you are in the midst of it all. I am glad you guys survived the first away rotation. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? It is a blessing our kids are so little they won't remember much if anything of these crazy med school/residency years!
p.s. LOVED the pic of you and the empty side of Phil's bed! HAHAHA sooo perfect!
It sounds like you and I are passengers on the same ship! I can entirely relate the need for someone to talk to...to confide in, to laugh with, to voice frustrations, failures and triumphs to! Although, my ship will dock come April 15th and I know yours still has further to go. To that all I can say is, I'm sorry and that you can always talk to me. :)
Post a Comment