One photo, every hour, for 10 hours, on the 10th day of the month.
Our weather has been rainy the past two days and our house was a bit chilly this morning. Kate snuggled down deep as we did our morning routine.


The kids have been fed and all immediate needs tended to. I grab a shower while I can and it isn't too long before I am found.

I get dressed and ready for church in stages as I continue to tend to the needs of the kids. Finally, everyone is dressed in their Sunday best. We are 40 minutes late for church but we are going and I get points for that. And yes, I totally put my kids in my bathtub to snag the light and document their cuteness.

We hurry off to church, drop Rhett off in nursery, (The nursery leader has taken pity on us and has let him go in early. He LOVES it!)and I go into Primary with Max and Kate. Max and Kate are having a hard time going to class on their own and our current game plan is for me to sit with them during Sharing Time and slowly wean them off my presence.
Here they are doing "Once there was a Snowman" to get all their wiggles out. And goodness, they were wiggly!

I love this picture of the kids huddled around their teacher and the scriptures as they help during the Sharing Time lesson. The lesson was on the Atonement and the things Jesus did leading up to the crucifixion, the class looked up who Jesus dined with during the Last Supper. Kate got to take up the paper to the leader and when she was asked what the answer was she said Jesus ate cookies. :)

Max and Kate go to class, I go to opening exercises in Young Women and then get to sit in Relief Society for the lesson. So nice to actually be in class without children!

The kids are ravenous and exhausted. Meltdowns ensue and I get them changed, fed and into bed as quickly as possible. Max ate lunch, Kate didn't want to and Rhett went straight to bed.

While the kids napped I ate lunch myself and then made a batch of cookies for family who were coming to visit in the evening.

The kids wake, we watch Busytown Mysteries on Netflix and snuggle as they wake up.

Phil's parents are coming to visit at 4:00 and I am trying to tidy up the house before they get here. Rhett was not happy with that plan and kept insisting I stop everything and pay attention to him. So I did.

4:00 hour we visit with Grandma and Grandpa Gunnell.
The kids play with play dough for a good long while. I feed Rhett dinner and tidy up.

Max and Kate clean up their play, eat dinner and we head outside to burn off some energy. They have been cooped up in the house for the past few days due to the rain and my being gone for the dental convention. Their favorite thing to do is go out front and ride their cars around the cul-de-sac and up and down the neighbor's driveways. Rhett's face says it all.

It gets cold so we head inside. The kids play on starfall.com and I relax with a game on my phone for a bit. Kate wanders in to find me lying on Max's bed and we snuggle for a minute, then she is off again.

Baths, jammies, snacks, teeth brushed, BED!
3 comments:
I hope my little girl marries Rhett or Max -- what little heartbreakers! And I know that Kate will give you a run for your money someday, too! What a gorgeous little girl! Just like her Mama :)
Love your posts; wish I lived by you
I know I say this a lot but You.Are.AMAZING. As always, LOVED each of the pictures. Your children are beautiful and you capture them perfectly. You seem to be surviving med school widowhood well. I'm glad you get short breaks at church and have family close by. As much as I HATED working I really think it was my saving grace when Dave was gone for weeks/months at a time. Miss you guys!
Love all these pics...maybe someday when my life slows down I will do this...your kiddos are adorable...
Post a Comment