My sister-in-law Stephanie invited all the sisters to run the Turkey Trot with her, a 10k. I said yes but wasn't training for it since I had been getting up to do boot camp in the mornings and didn't want to stop boot camp and also didn't want to throw in an extra workout by running. So whatever happened on the day of the 10k was fine with me!
Pre-Race
On the day of the race only Wendy, Kyle, Steph and I participated. It was fun! I love the race atmosphere, it always gets me jazzed up about running and I am not a runner. But I want to be. I really admire those that run long distances, their dedication and the amazing things our bodies are capable of. I love that but apparently not enough to become a dedicated runner myself. And I can't say that I actually love to run, but I am sure with proper nutrition and training I could catch the running bug.
Stephanie and I stuck together and I told her that she was the boss since she is pregnant and feeling crummy. We started off jogging and then would briskly walk until she felt up to it again. I didn't mind one bit since I don't have the endurance to run six miles. We finished in 1:30+ and it was a nice morning walking and talking. I still got a good workout and my knees were achy.
Post Race

-----------
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving Wendy organized a trip out to the Children's Museum of Phoenix. Thanks to library passes that Stephanie got us and an extra pass from Wendy we were able to affordably attend. Admission went from $44 to $11. And thank goodness for Phil's sisters! I would not have been able to manage all three of my children on my own. Phil had a shelf exam that day and we thought it was going to work out that I could go with Max and Kate and leave Rhett home to nap when Phil returned. But his exam ended up being at 1pm not 9am. Going without Rhett would have made things easier.

We left at 11:30 and while this is not an ideal time for us I hoped that the kids would fall asleep in the truck as we drove to Phoenix. I knew I could count on Max and he didn't disappoint and was able to catch roughly 15-20 minutes of shut eye. Kate and Rhett were droopy eyed but didn't fall asleep.

We ate lunch outside and then headed inside for hours of play and fun. It was so busy with it being a holiday but we managed. Well, I only managed because I had 3 extra bodies to help with my kids. Bless them! It was crazy. Max was grumpy and kept complaining that his tummy hurt. He usually does this when he needs to go potty. We made several trips to the bathroom and he finally went #2. I was happy and relieved thinking that I didn't have to worry about that anymore and we went off to play. Welp, the kid had some potty problems and had three nasty poop accidents over the course of our day there. Allison went above and beyond in her helping duties and assisted Max during one of his accidents. I was off walking with Rhett in the stroller to get him to sleep and had the diaper bag with me. Allison had to clean out his nasty undies. Bleh! I had packed extra clothes and undies and we certainly needed them. By the end of the day I had to borrow a diaper from Wendy.
The kids painted, played with play-doh, made turkey drumstick hats and had the best time.

Kate thinks that painting includes her body, she can't resist. You can see Allison in the background entertaining an overtired and needy Rhett. He only wanted me and she was pulling out all the stops to distract him so I could help Max and Kate.
The kids had fun though and Max and Kate especially enjoyed their time there now that they are older and able to more fully participate in most of the exhibits. We left after 4 hours there and the kids crashed hard.
4 comments:
Way to go with running the Turkey trot! I promise you that you could be a runner, if I can. Some day in our dreams we will live so close to each other that we could get up and run together in the mornings. It could happen, right? Your boot camp is paying off and you look great!!!
We never did the Phoenix children's museum but I'm thinking we might hit it up next time we are in town. The poop accidents scare me. I'm not a very prepared mother. We did Costco the other day with Reese in panties and I realized I isn't even have a change of panties or clothes with me. I literally asked her every 2 mins if she needed to pee. Lucky for me, she didn't.
Btw...you mentioned wanting to visit Merced. Merced is not the greatest but all of the surrounding things are fun. There are cheap flights out of the Mesa Gateway Airport for $50 each way...only it is Allegiant so you have to pay even for carryons
My phone cut me off...
Southwest has tickets for $75 too. You should come sometime.
PS...we will be in town For New Years...Nate leaves on Jan 1st but I'm staying through the 4th so if you are free, it would be fun to play.
sooooo fun!!! i so wish i had kept Rhett with me! but your sister in laws seem to be pretty amazing. i'm so glad you guys got to go and had so much fun! i sure miss that museum.
You are so awesome! Turkey Trot, taking three littles to the Children's Museum...awesome, awesome!
Post a Comment