Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Quirks & Quotes

Max has been obsessed with his "goo goo" goggles of late. He wears them all day around his neck, even when he bathes and naps.

Photobucket

Max has taken to collecting "tweasuhs" (treasures) aka rocks. He has a knack for finding big smooth rocks or whatever meets his criteria. He stuffs them into every available pocket on his person and carts them around all day. I usually don't find all his treasures until the wash or they are in his bed. We were playing with our friends the Tidwell's and Julie said that I should get him a treasure box to keep his stuff in. She is awesome like that and why didn't I think of it?

Photobucket

Both kids were moping around the kitchen and I asked Max what he needed.
"Um, chocolate mom."
Me: "You need chocolate Max?"
Max: "Yeah!" *Big grin*

Max got a touch of the stomach flu this past month and he vomited all over the kitchen floor, I cleaned things up and grabbed a big metal bowl and put it under his chin where he lost it again. Max looked up from the bowl pitifully and said "I threw up. I need to go to hospital!". Phil and I died over his cuteness and reassured him that he didn't need to go to the hospital. The last time he threw up was when he fell and hit his head, thus leading to a trip to the ER.

Max always says "I can't like it..." or "I can't like go to bed/take a nap/be nice/be quiet..." insert whatever he doesn't want to do. Kate also takes to saying that she can't do things. As in "I can't walk!". Um, right.

Max will ask me if I am happy. "You happy Mom?". He is astute and always watching me.

We have decorated our Christmas tree and Kate is in heaven. She will say " I wuuuuv (love) my Christmas tree!". Neither of them can say their "L's" very well and a "W" is the usual replacement. I pretty much love it and will be sad when they can enunciate properly. I can be chopping vegetables for dinner and Kate will be right by my side jabbering away in her squeaky voice asking "What you doing mom?" I tell her and she will say "Oh! I wuuuv onions!". Whatever she wants she "wuuuv's" it. And it isn't just "wuv" it is "wuuuuv", elongated and emotive.

Photobucket 

 Kate is always saying "Where dis come for?" (Where does this come from?). Her way of asking what something is.

Kate thinks batteries are the answer to every problem. If something is broken "haf get batteries". If we are out of anything or I tell them no more then we "haf go store get xyz". If only life were that simple. Today she informed me that she lost her bouncy ball and needed help. "Mo-oom, can't find my ball! I've looked everywhere! You find it?".

Rhett is talking more and more and we remark all the time what a cute and happy boy he is. He can say apple, daddy, go!, thank you, he signs "more", he has said Caillou, he knows the songs in Blues Clues and will hum and sing along. He also calls anything round a "baboon" (balloon). He meows like a cat and says uh-oh, and dog. Phil was making a smoothie yesterday and stuck out his tongue at Rhett. Rhett immediately stuck his tongue right back at him and does it all the time now. Especially since he knows it makes us laugh. It isn't a bratty stick out your tongue face, more like a full on, here is my tongue and now you can see my tonsils. He smacks his lips when something is yummy and makes dramatic eating sounds and bites, like he is chomping into a big apple. He gives love bumps and kisses and has started teasing Max and Kate. Love him.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I kind of miss when Alana would say things wrong, it was cute. Ava says most things pretty well too, but they both say "sh" instead of "ch" which is still funny. We have kitchen "shairs" instead of "chairs"

Dave and Mandi said...

I wuuuuuuuv these kids! How cute! I can't believe what a little smarty pants Rhett is with all his words! It really feels like you were just pregnant with him.
You are such a good mom to remember and write down all these cute little saying and quirks. They change so fast and it is so easy to forget!

Nate and Lori said...

Cute cute kids!! I also am sad when they stop saying their cute phrases anymore. Nate is always correcting her and I almost want to stop him because I don't want her to say it right.