One photo, every hour, for 10 hours, on the 10th day of the month.
Hooray! I actually completed the assignment on the 10th and limited myself to 10 photos!
Typically Rhett is my alarm clock. 6:30am, rarely later than that. Phil has been sleeping on the couch since our bed hurts his back, he hears Rhett first and brings him to me. Rhett sees me and cries for his milk and mama. He nurses and then it is off to breakfast. The boy is hungry and does not like to wait. I distract him with PBS kids and since Phil had the day off Rhett got to snuggle with daddy.

Last night I was at Bunco and stayed late chatting with friends. I finally leave around 11:30 or so, knowing that I am going to pay for it with my 4:45am wake-up and 5am boot camp. I get less than 2 miles from my friend's house and the car is over heating, like the thermostat is kissing the "H". I pull over and call Phil and he tells me to idle until it comes down again and then to take it easy coming home. My 10 minute drive home turned into a 35 minutes. I had to pull over every mile, wait for the thermostat to drop just below the H, since that is as low as it was going and pray that the car didn't catch of fire or something. Thankfully, it didn't and we both made it home in one piece. Annnd, I certainly didn't make it to boot camp the next morning.
I pulled into the driveway after midnight and Phil popped the hood. We could hear the water in the water pump violently boiling. We went to bed worrying about big car bills and let the car cool off. The next morning Phil went to investigate and discovered that all she needed was some water. Ahem, someone forgot to fill up the radiator when he changed the oil. Ah! So glad nothing terrible happened. Big expenses are especially stressful when neither of us have a job.
Oh, and the grass needs water too. The yard is still recovering from the renter's and medical school and three small children doesn't leave a lot of time for such things. And for goodness sake, it is too hot!

I start to bake red velvet cupcakes for Gordon and Susan, Phil's parents, who are celebrating 40 years of marriage today. Red velvet because 40 years is the ruby anniversary. Anytime the kids see me pull out the kitchen aid they scream "cookies!" and drag out the bar stools to help me.

We make a poster for our Grandma and Grandpa. The kids love to use their scissors.

They also must assist with every smoothie or "smoovie".

I watch J'lene's two girls while she gets a haircut. The kids are thrilled to have friends over.

Finally sold some flash cards on amazon.com.

1pm: running errands and melting in the wretched heat. Post office, Target and Costco.
Return home to the sounds of two bouncing, playing toddlers in their cribs. Translation: they never took a nap. Turds. Spring them from their room, turn on a movie and make cream cheese frosting.

Beautiful cupcakes after a chill in the fridge.

Finish our poster card, start dinner to feed to restless natives. No naps makes everyone grouchy, especially me. I wish I had a mute button!

6 comments:
You are a very busy mom! I swear there is nothing worse than 115 degree heat, well maybe not that hot, and have the car overheat. Anytime you want to ride to boot camp let me know. I can drive Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Ah! I was going to start doing this this month but I forgot!!! Thanks for reminding me! I guess I'll try next month. I'm glad you did it! :) Cute kids.
Nothing stresses me more than car problems!!! ahhhh. So glad it wasn't anything major. Love the pictures. You are one productive and busy mom. Those cup cakes look AMAZING!! And do you really do bootcamp at 5 am...I feel so lazy after reading this post!
Nothing stresses me more than car problems!!! ahhhh. So glad it wasn't anything major. Love the pictures. You are one productive and busy mom. Those cup cakes look AMAZING!! And do you really do bootcamp at 5 am...I feel so lazy after reading this post!
Wait...are we supposed to be happy that you limited yourself to 10 photos? :)
I want to hear more about your Boot Camp...sounds awesome! HATE spending money on cars so Im glad it was a simple fix. I need to be a nice mom and get Reese scissors. And your cupcakes look amazing!
Um, those cupcakes are gorgeous! And I love all these pictures!
Post a Comment